- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: QA/Test Developer
Industry: Cloud Services, Hardware Engineering, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
testing, qa, automated-tests
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Experience with test automation in Python or Java.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Passion for code quality.
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
Hangouts Meet provides Google businesses with cross-platform video meeting technology. The team also covers meeting room hardware (e.g. cameras, microphones, etc.), telephony, and integration of G Suite apps into the meeting experience. We are working with exciting technologies and solving complex testing problems across multiple browsers, platforms and mobile devices.
As a Test Engineer in the Hangouts Meet Engineering Productivity team, you will advocate the quality of features in the development pipeline, defining comprehensive test strategies, designing automated test cases to exercise the integrations between various systems, developing test automation frameworks and implementing automated tests. You will work closely with product managers, developers and other software test engineers in order to ensure the features we deliver to customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Lead the test effort from planning and organization to execution and delivery. Develop effective test strategies.
- Write or contribute to test plans and/or test cases in medium to large-sized projects of moderate complexity.
- Evangelize and educate product/project teams on test design and implementation. Work with those teams to evaluate testability of new features/implementations.
- Use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote best engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, and other quality attributes across products.
- Demonstrate intuition and knowledge about how to break software by finding bugs, and apply this knowledge with measurable result, impacting the quality of the product.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.