- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About Axis Communications
Axis offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to its customers and carried through a global partner network. Axis has long-term relationships with partners and provides them with knowledge and ground-breaking network products in existing and new markets.
Axis has more than 1,600 dedicated employees in more than 40 countries around the world, supported by a network of over 60,000 partners across 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS. For more information about Axis, please visit our website http://www.axis.com.
Reference number: 1334
WHAT IS AXIS?
Axis is a fast growing and innovative IT company with a global footprint. Our success is largely due to our highly skilled staff and our strong culture of daring to succeed and allowing ourselves to constantly break new ground. The employees here are innovative, dedicated and energetic and that’s just the beginning.
Axis is looking for the right person to fill an open position as System & Software Engineer at the Core Technologies department within our Research & Development (R&D) organization.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Your responsibilities will include:
* Video Surveillance system design
* Development of platform components for Axis video surveillance offerings
* Hands on prototype development of complete chain from embedded camera functionality to end user system or SaaS, including both embedded software development and server software development.
* Investigation of technologies for possible expansion of Axis market offering for video surveillance
* End user use case development and investigations
* Contribute to the long term roadmap for the system area to guide future product innovation
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We believe that you are a positive and outgoing person with an interest in both the technical and business aspects of a system solution. You always take the customer needs into consideration and you must be able to explain and promote your ideas and solutions to both team members and other internal stakeholders within Axis.
You also have:
* Excellent skills with code quality and re-usability required
* Experience with design, control and implementation of distributed systems
* The ability to always put your work in relation to the high-level system context
* Very good Swedish and English oral/writing communication skills
It is meriting if you also have experience with prototype development and development of use cases.
To be successful in this role you should be innovative and curious about new technology as well as finding new applications for known technologies.
The Core Technologies – Analytics & Systems team are responsible for the long-term technology agenda within the strategic areas Analytics and System. We perform technology roadmapping; execute the roadmap by developing technologies and assist toward platform integration of technologies. We also act as a competence centre within Axis with regard to the core competence areas.
The System competence group within Core Technologies focus their work on identifying and implementing technologies aimed at increasing the value of the network for surveillance applications. This includes media technologies, unit discovery, cloud computing and communication as well as leveraging system functionality by developing and exploiting synergies across the network. We take the challenges of IoT seriously.
WHAT AXIS CAN DO FOR YOU?
By joining the world market leader in IP cameras you will be in a unique position to influence the role of network technologies and for surveillance system applications. You will also be involved in Axis strategic technology planning process and contribute to core technologies used in future Axis offerings. You will thus play an important role in ensuring continual market leadership for Axis in the years to come.
READY TO ACT?
Axis is a company realizing the benefits of a diverse workforce. We know that diversity in groups creates a better working environment and promotes creativity, something that is fundamental for our success.
Find out more from our Engineering Manager, Fredrik Hertzberg or Ted Hartzell at phone +46 46 272 18 00.
This recruitment is handled solely by Axis Communications AB, and we politely but firmly decline all calls from recruitment and consulting companies.