- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Mobile Developer
Industry: Automotive, Manufacturing, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry.
Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from You!
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
Volvo Cars recently announced that the next generation infotainment system will be based on Android Automotive, with close collaboration with Google. We are now looking for full-stack Android developers to strengthen our teams.
Developers work in agile teams divided in different areas, Android Platform, Connectivity, User interaction, Security, Android Automotive app development, Climate control and other car functions. We apply the latest software development practices, and teams are supported with continuous integration frameworks and collaboration tools.
As a Full-stack Android Software Developer, you love to be responsible for designing and implementing complete features, from HMI to business logic to low-level hardware drivers. You will use the latest tools and technologies available and collaborate with partners and other teams to deliver state-of-the-art software. You will also test the features by implementing automatic test cases that run in the CI environment. You have good knowledge in Java, C++ and Python, and don’t mind learning new languages.
* Software development in the full vertical Android stack for the infotainment system
* Development using Java, C++ and the Android tool set
* End-to-end responsibility including design, architecture, documentation, implementation and automated test cases
Required qualifications / skills:
* M.Sc in Software Engineering or equivalent
* At least 5 years of software development in Java and/or C++
* Extensive experience from working in a Linux environment
* Experience in Android development
* Experience in working with Git/Gerrit/Jenkins tools
* Good English skills (written and spoken)
* Experience in developing automated unit or integration test in C++/Java or Python
* Experience in agile software development
* Experience within Automotive, Infotainment and from working in an international environment
* Experience in Automotive communication buses, CAN, Flexray etc
* Driver’s license (B-level)
We are looking for a driven and self-motivated person, with a strong delivery orientation. You should be communicative and a great team player, with a positive and pro-active attitude. You are a problem solver, with good analytical skills.
Please note: We do not accept applications via email.
Location for this position is onsite in Lund, Sweden from where we expect you are able to work with adequate working permits. Working proficiency in the English language, speech and writing, is a requirement. Combined with the same skills in the Swedish language is considered a merit. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible. Please contact hiring manager karin Larsson if you have any questions about the position: [email protected] or senior recruiter Therese Damstedt at [email protected] regarding the recruiting process.
As we use our own channels for recruitment we respectfully but strictly decline to be contacted for any offer of recruitment assistance from external companies.
About Volvo Cars
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.
Andra webbjobb i Göteborg
- PHP Programmerare/tekniker till ScanDoc AB
- Erfaren Androidutvecklare till Sigma R&D
- Full Stack developer - utvecklande extrajobb under din studietid
- Senior mjukvaruutvecklare inom IT & Digital Solutions
- UX/User Experience Designer to AB Lindex