- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Are you a skilled Data Scientist with a solid grasp of chemistry and life science data? Do you possess strong software development and database skills? Would you like to join a company where absolutely everyone can thrive?
We are expanding our Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) team and want to recruit a dedicated data scientist to develop AI for Drug Design. We believe that you are a true data authority and will curate, integrate and exploit data to enhance state of the art drug design. The team operates in a highly cross disciplinary environment in close collaboration with a broad variety of expert teams across the company.
Your combination of data science expertise and natural sciences understanding is the fundament for your potential. This role will challenge and encourage you to execute and develop as scientist in a highly creative atmosphere. You will apply your knowledge in data science methodologies to tackle challenging drug design problems through AI.
You will join a highly collaborative environment where you can exchange ideas with several other authorities in the field, and where plans are put into practice. Your scientific experience combined with your high ambition and enthusiasm gives you a superb opportunity to influence the development of AstraZeneca's future in applying ML/AI to drug discovery projects.
* Design and develop relational and graph databases for drug design
* Integrate data based on the FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable) concept
* Introduce, design and develop the necessary infrastructure to exploit data through AI applications for drug design. Examples are knowledge graphs and semantic reasoning
* Establish academic collaborations to access and drive the forefront of AI based data exploitation for drug development
* Plan, write and publish high quality scientific papers
* Actively participate in mentoring the cohort of Postdocs, PhD students and Master Thesis students in the team
We see you as our future data creativity leader - passionate for exploiting data and eager to join our fast-paced multidisciplinary ML/AI drug design team. You have a PhD or equivalent in computer science, chemistry, life sciences, statistics or another similar discipline. A basic knowledge level in life sciences or chemistry from University courses will be a minimum requirement. You are expected to have a high degree of independence as well as collaboration skills.
* Validated expertise in software development (e.g. Python, C++, Java)
* Expertise in high-performance computing
* Demonstrable experience in database design and implementation
* Profound knowledge of data in the chemistry or life science domain
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Fluent in English, both spoken and in writing
If you are interested, apply now!
For more information about the role please contact Ola Engqvist, +46 31 706 5978.
Welcome with your application no later than March 17th, 2019.
At AstraZeneca we'll make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you. To do this, we've built an extraordinary international working environment with outstanding opportunities for collaboration and innovation. If you're encouraged to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do - join us.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.