- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
As a Service Manager (Software Support Engineer) you will:
• Become an authority on several production system installations
• Participate in ongoing implementation projects
• Provide application management and advanced technical support for day of operation flight crew tracking and related products, in relation to the Service Level Agreement(s)
• Assist the client with knowledge injections, proactive problem solving and daily management of the production installation
• Maintain Linux installations on company servers and make recommendations to clients on patches/upgrades
• Provide System requirements to the Technical Development team
• Participate in a 24x7 standby roster – currently 1 week every 5
What we are looking for
is a motivated individual with very strong technical capabilities combined with the ability and desire to learn about and work with complex system installations.
This is an opportunity for you to work in an international environment with a team of likeminded system experts in a leading edge expanding software company. The global Service Management team operates from three different locations; Gothenburg, Montreal and Singapore.
Qualifications and Skills
This role requires an individual who is experienced and interested in an array of IT related technical areas.
• Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Expert knowledge of Unix and/or Linux (you probably have a flavor installed at home!)
• Expert knowledge with shell scripting
• A good command of the English language
• 2-5 years in a similar or a software development role
• Particular interest in technical problem solving
• Good programming skills in a range of languages (Python and Java preferred)
• Distributed version control systems such as mercurial, git
• Messaging systems such as MQ, ActiveMQ, Qpid
• Databases (Oracle preferred)
• Other: Univa Grid Engine, Kerberos, JBoss
• Customer relationship experience is advantageous but secondary to technical aptitude
• Highly responsible, able to take ownership of issues
• Strong technical & analytical aptitude
• Self Starter
• Problem Solver
• Able to work independently and within a team
The team you will be working with consists of 4 Service Managers and 2 Systems Experts handling 3 customers in the EMEA region, 2 customers in the APAC region and 4 customers in the Americas region. The team works closely with other local and global teams within Jeppesen.
At Jeppesen we create amazing software that helps millions of passengers around the world to safely and efficiently reach their destination. Look up in the sky and you will see a quarter of a million crew members on thousands of aircraft, flying schedules produced by our software. We are the best in the world at what we do. We are the preferred choice for the world’s premiere airlines such as Lufthansa, Delta Airlines, Qatar Airways, SAS, Turkish Airlines, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Singapore Airlines and many others. One of our guiding tenets is striving to continuously improve and we are on a journey to transform to an even more agile, even leaner and even more dynamic organization. You will work in a one-of-a-kind software development organization with fascinating solutions that make a real difference to people around the world, every second of the day.