- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Senior Software Developer
At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
Infotainment and Telematics are responsible for the development of Infotainment system and all its features. Our daily work includes transforming ideas into innovations to meet the high standards of future vehicles. We use the latest technologies and advanced methods to develop the safest car in the world and with great devotion for the environment, offer our customers a genuine driving experience. Join us on our way towards the future.
As a Senior Software Developer you will be responsible for all parts of the software development process in order to develop in-car applications (Qt apps) and any required frameworks and custom tools required to create high quality Qt Apps. The applications are primarily based on using the Qt framework together with either C++, QML or HTML5 or a combination of them. The developer will be a part of a Scrum team which develops applications to be run in the head unit of the car. A major part of the task is to co-operate with other stakeholder such as product owners, user interface designers, graphics designers and test & verification engineers. The developer is expected to have great social skills and positive attitude towards working with the different stakeholders.
* Participate in all software development roles assigned to the Scrum team, for example quick prototyping, programming, bug fixing, writing unit tests and writing system documentation
* Develop software based on Scrum user stories in close co-operation with product owners
* Take part in all phases of a software development project
* Work closely with content suppliers to find optimal architecture for each Qt app
* You have at least 5 years of experience in developing mission critical software with very high quality requirements
* You have at least 5 years of experience in
* Web development with Java-script
* Front end programming
* Good knowledge of C++
* Good knowledge of QT
* Knowledge of developing performance code for embedded system with limited performance
* Good knowledge of QML development
* General Knowledge how a browser works and how networks work
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Driver's license (B-level)
* University education in Computer Science or similar skills acquired from other sources is meritorious
* Experience in development of mobile web browser based software and in developing software for embedded or small screen devices is meritorious
* An asset would be experience or knowledge of all phases of the software development cycle as well as agile software development
* Integrity, courage and a sharer of positive energy.
* Openness to change, you see a change as an opportunity for improvement
* Good judgment
* Good pedagogical skills
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. We need people with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate, people that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Jasmin Aronsson El Kachani at +46 72 988 94 42 by e-mail [email protected].
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later then April 28th.