- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
GE Healthcare Life Sciences provides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what?s needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow.
As Software Developer you will participate in system development projects, developing PC software for an instrument system used by researchers for studying protein to protein interaction. In the instrument system project you will work closely with other software and hardware developers, and research specialists to define, develop and verify a completely new instrument, or extensions to a current instrument.
This is a temporary position from 1st of September 2014 until 31st of December 2015. Please apply as soon as possible via gecareers.com jobnumber: 1966952
In the position of Software Developer you will develop, design and implement functionality in close cooperation with internal end-users and product owners, with a strong focus on usability, reliability and quality.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Implement software design and code to build requested end-user functionality and support proper software life cycle characteristics, within a project assignment but also from a line perspective.
- Participate in and drive needed work on system and low level requirements.
- Participate in and drive needed work on internal ways-of-working, design and tools.
- Participate in normal development activities like reviews, defect management, document handling, design, etc.
- Support colleagues and actively share knowledge within team/project.
- B.Sc. degree with relevant technical software focus, or comparable level of competence.
- 4-5 years of experience in technical software development.
- Experienced in MS Visual Studio, C# and WPF.
- EU Work Permit.
Desired Characteristics Qualifications:
- M.Sc. with relevant technical software focus, or comparable level of competence, where at least one year of university studies in mathematics and physics respectively.
- University studies within relevant areas of Natural Sciences such as medicine, molecular/cell biology or physical/organic chemistry are an extra qualification.
- Project management training.
- Software quality assurance training.
- 5-7 years of experience in technical software development.
- Project management/activity leader experience; experience in large projects.
- Experienced in Test Driven Development, InstallShield and SQL Server.
- Open-minded with a positive can-do attitude.
- Balanced between delivery, creativity and quality control.
- Good at personal planning and committed to delivery.
- A team player.