You think great products expand beyond their digital and physical spaces and you are convinced that great experiences are achieved when digital and physical attributes meet to enhance each other. You have an extraordinary eye for iconic form factors and have a good sense of art direction. You consider yourself a UX Designer as much as an Industrial Designer.
You have outstanding expertise in creating products were form and function coexist to offer holistic experiences. You are very aware that experiences are part of an ecosystem and you know how to make sure products thrives in it. You purposefully keep ahead of form, color and material trends as well as new ways of transportation. You are unbelievable at sketching new solutions in no time and you love it.
Finally, you’re a little obsessed about shaping the micro-mobility experience of the future.
In this role, you are responsible of driving and crafting the form attributes of our current products. You will orchestrate together with UX/UI Designers holistic experiences were form and function enrich each-other. You will also help identify and design potential future products. You need to have passion for designing functional, detailed and well-crafted products. You will lead the development of your concepts from discovery to ready.
You will be part of the Design team within the Product department. The Product department is a true cross-functional team where inter-disciplinary focus, curiosity and drive are highly valued. You will work in close collaboration with our Vehicle team, Engineering, Operations, Marketing and Strategy functions.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Evolve and refine our form language.
- Responsible for the research, ideating, sketching, flow, and craftsmanship of your designs.
- Design beautiful, functional, and ergonomic designs that captures the needs of the user.
- Excellent at translating form attributes to digital requirements and vice-versa.
- Work closely together with key stakeholders to push the boundaries of tech and design in the intersection of physical, digital and technology.
- Excellent in visualising concepts using industry standard 2D and 3D tools such as: Photoshop/Illustrator, Rhino, Solidworks, Fusion360, Alias and Keyshot.
- Experience in hands-on prototyping, without relying solely on virtual design tools; 3D printing, laser cutting and foam model making.
- Understanding of mechanical design, manufacturing and engineering requirements and constraints - especially working with remote contract manufacturers.
- Responsible of testing/validating your concepts from a user perspective.
- Develop Product design methods and tools within VOI.
- Be a Design evangelist at all times
- B.Sc. or Masters in Industrial Design or Product design. New inter-disciplinary programs are applicable.
- Outstanding portfolio that showcases creative and holistic design thinking and execution.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in a design consultancy or equivalent position.
- Relevant working experience within product design and development.
- Digital design experience is an advantage.
- English, spoken and written.
- Structured, methodical, and analytical with good planning skills.
- Design intuitive, detail oriented.
- Consistently produces top-level work needing minimal direction.
- Ability to drive, motivate and convince.
- Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions.
- Communicative with good verbal and visual presentation skills.
- Independent and confident as well as a good team player.
- Highly motivated, flexible, and able to work under constrained time schedules.
This positions offers
- Being part of a rapidly growing Product team in the hottest startup in Europe
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- VOI swag
- Working from our HQ in Stockholm
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Scandinavian micro mobility company offering electric scooter and bike sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can change how people move in our cities. We want the transformation to happen in the right way-through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi,we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!