- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Arrowhead each team member has an important influence on the game and is involved in the decision-making process. We offer a motivatingand creative environment where small groups work independently and in cross-disciplinary feature teams.
As a back end programmer you will be responsible for:
- Implementing online features for our next flagship game
- Setting up and configuring third party applications and databases
- Developing and maintaining both stateful and stateless web applications, currently written in C# (.NET core)
- Creating web applications backed by databases such as MS-SQL, or similar
- Being an active member of your team; planning, executing and following up on tasks according to current priorities
- Reporting progress and resultsto the studio producer and technical director
You have previous experience of:
- Hosting and maintaining web applications with high transaction volumes, preferably using C# or similar
- Developing both synchronous and asynchronous systems
- Building distributed and highly scalable systems focused on concurrency and resilience
- Online hosting platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Aws or Google Cloud Platform
- Worked with deployment systems and pipelines
- Server / Client side load balancing
- Writing unit tests, end-to-end tests, experience working with TDD (test driven development)
- Going full stack you will need C++ skills for integrating online features directly in the game
Self starter, efficient and gets stuff done
We place a lot of emphasis on the value of our candidates personality. To be our Back End programmer and to be a great fit with the studiowe believe there are certaintraits that are crucial to successfully take on this position.
Being a self starter, efficient and getting stuff done.Not simply buzz words to us.We are looking for a person with the ability to see what problems are the most important at any given time and who hasthe initiative to attack them.We value having a mindset of effectively identifying and solving problems on one's own initiative, rather than being specifically tasked to solve it.
Being a part of Arrowhead also means you need to enjoy problem solving, be receptive to feedback, oriented towards collaboration and solutions, and have strong communication skills in both verbal and written English.
- This is a full time position; 40 hours / week on site at the studio
- Permanent position with a six month probationary period
- Position is based at the studio in Stockholm, Hammarby Sjöstad
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.
In your application, please focus on why your skills and experiences would be great for this role and why you would like to join Arrowhead Game Studios. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.