- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Etraveli Group is looking for an experienced Data Engineer who can contribute with large data volume design and development for our data science and data engineering team in our Gothenburg office.
About Etraveli Group
Etraveli Group is one of the leading flight-centric online travel agencies (OTA) in the world. The core business is airline tickets and travel related services, targeted towards high volumes of price sensitive consumers and B2B services within travel.
Our main product, the Internet Booking Engine (IBE), serves price comparison sites and customers with attractive travel options retrieved from centralized flight marketplaces. Every minute, millions of travel options are automatically assessed, compiled, and re-priced. Intense data analysis, price optimization, and configuration automation is crucial in order to keep our margins high. Etraveli Group’s data stock of flight searches, orders, and tactical competition analysis is impressive and still growing rapidly in dimensions and volume.
Bisam (Business Intelligence, Statistical Analysis and Modelling) is a cross-functional data science and data engineering team. The team is located in Gothenburg, but works closely with corresponding teams in Athens, Stockholm and Uppsala. You will be part of a team of six other people including team lead, data scientists, data engineers and system/data administrator.
As a Data Engineer you will provide technical assistance where needed and also be reviewing and verifying the quality of the delivered work. You will be responsible for combining existing internal and external sources of data to construct higher order data structures which allows Reporting, Analytic and Machine Learning teams to generate actionable intelligence and business insights.
For this role, we are looking for someone who have experience in building data lakes, warehouses and ETL pipelines. We also need you who can define best practices for data modelling and analytics. To be successful in this role we believe you have knowledge of both big data development as well as traditional data and data warehousing environments. Strong communication skills and an ability to think creatively will also be necessary.
• Interpret and analyze data from various source systems to support data integration and data reporting needs
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Work with internal stakeholders to prioritize business and information needs.
• Prepare high-level ETL mapping specifications
• Develop complex code data scripts (Primarily SQL) for ETL
• Data Quality Control, Metrics
• Troubleshoot & determine best resolution for data issues and anomalies
• May assist in software development
• Technical documentation
• Design, specify, implement, and maintain systems using Agile scrum methodology
• Strong SQL skills - adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings as well as SQL tuning.
• Expertise in translating business requirements to project design, development and execution.
• Ability to clearly communicate capabilities, opportunities, and recommendations to both technical and nontechnical audiences
• Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting, databases (SQL etc), programming (ETL frameworks).
• Deep understanding of data architecture & data modeling best practices and guidelines for different data and analytic platforms.
• University degree in computer science, mathematics or comparable
• Distributed storage and data layer tools (Hadoop, Hive, Kite)
• Cluster computing and massive parallel processing (Spark, SQL, Cloudera Impala)
• Data stream transfer and aggregation technologies (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka)
• Scheduling and data flow management (Oozie, Airflow)
• System configuration (Windows server, GNU/Linux tool sets)
• Scientific programming languages and frameworks (Python, SciPy ecosystem, R)
We also offer
A flexible work schedule with an understanding for work life balance. A diverse work environment with offices in both Sweden and Athens. The offices are modern and capacious with plenty of natural light. We also have a pinball machine and ping-pong table that is commonly used. Breakfast is served every morning and we often organize events or participate in tech conferences in order to develop our knowledge within certain areas.
In this recruitment process, Etraveli Group cooperates with Randstad Technologies. For further information, please contact Recruitment Consultant Josefine Westlander at [email protected] / 0725-491980.