- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Are you the sort of artist that can make something pop? If you want to work at a studio with a friendly family feeling, then this job might be for you!
About the job
We are looking for a talented artist within the field of visual effects to join Arrowhead’s Effects Team where your closest working colleagues will be Cloudrik and Oskar. Together with both your own team as well as the rest of the studio, you will be responsible for creating visuals that ensures a feast for the eyes on our current project.
As a VFX artist at Arrowhead, you will have a lot freedom and autonomy to plan you own days. Together with the different feature teams you will find out what types of effects are needed and together with your own team you will be responsible for exploring the best ways of implementing the effects. Depending on the type of effect, you will need to adapt your approach to creating and planning your work.
Each team member at Arrowhead has an important influence on the game and is involved in the decision-making process. We offer a driven and creative environment where small groups work independently within cross-disciplinary feature teams. It is crucial that you can plan and manage your own work efficiently, and also have strong collaboration skills.
More about you
To be a greatfit at Arrowhead you are the sort of person who values open and honest teamwork. You take responsibility to deliver on your goals and raises any issues you think goes unnoticed. At Arrowhead we put a great deal of effort on improving teams and encourage each other to grow as people, as well as game developers. This means being open to feedback on both a personal and professional level in order to perform better within your team. One of the most important aspects is to be truly passionate about making a great and kickass video game.
- Work with feature teams to implement different effects
- Planning the pipeline for different particle effects
- Creating textures, materials and particle effects
- Together with your team, plan work to best suit your skills
- Deliver effects to the requested level; mockup, alpha or polish
- Iterate on effects depending on feedback
- Experience working with 2D textures, preferably using photoshop
- Experience working with particle editors
- Ability to create materials using a node based system
- Experience creating VFX for game projects
- Basic understanding of 3D modelling
- Strong sense of movement, impact and form within visual effects
- Experience using Houdini
- Experience using FumeFX for 3D Studio Max or Maya
Scope:Full-time and permanent
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.
In your application, please focus on why your skills and experiences would be great for this role and why you would like to join Arrowhead Game Studios. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.