- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light. As a national laboratory, MAX IV is operated in agreement with governmental regulations, and in compliance with major funders such as the Swedish Research Council (VR) and the Wallenberg Foundation. 250 people are currently employed at MAX IV Laboratory, and 16 beamlines are funded. The facility is in a ramp-up phase with 3 beamlines now receiving users and 13 more scheduled to be commissioned and built to receive users within the next few years. The facility is dimensioned for 25-28 beamlines.
The MAX IV Controls and IT team (KITS) deliver solutions to the whole MAX IV organisation in the areas of control system hardware, controls software applications, infrastructure and networking, information management and scientific software. This is a dynamic and highly challenging environment and requires close collaboration with the staff in order to understand the needs and be effective in forming solutions. We are around 50 people in total who work in 5 domains in a well organised and agile way. We hold values of lean management, knowledge spread, user autonomy, continuous improvement and flexibility as guiding principles for our work.
We are looking for an excellent cloud infrastructure engineer - are you up for the challenge??
The smooth functioning of the MAX IV synchrotron facility relies on robust and efficient operation of the IT and computing infrastructure.
Our IT Infrastructure team is responsible for providing all necessary IT components for the laboratory, from enterprise services to the highly technical environment at the beamlines. In all those areas, we observe an increasing use of docker containers for application deployment.
As cloud infrastructure engineer at MAX IV, you will be part of this team that designs, builds and operates infrastructure and platform services for our developers and system users, and work in close contact with the stakeholders of the provided services.
Our technical workloads, designed to process data flows of 10-40Gbps per detector unit, require a solid understanding of the technologies, docker for deployment and kubernetes for orchestration, as well as the underlying server and network infrastructure.
You will be expected to provide this expertise, develop the necessary on-premises infrastructure and contribute to the definition of the future roadmap, as well as support our development teams in the trend towards cloud native application development and deployment.
The successful candidate is expected to proactively contribute to the future evolution, and be able to follow and analyse the trends and new developments in cloud technology and how these can be applied to the technical environment of MAX IV.
We offer a challenging and inspiring environment, working on state-of-the art technologies in support of applied science.
Key Work Tasks
- Develop on-premises cloud infrastructure, with a possible extension into hybrid cloud solution
- Integration with other components of the IT infrastructure, such as beamline data acquisition systems, HPC cluster, data transfer system and cloud storage solutions
- Support application developers in migration towards cloud-native application development
- Participation in collaborative projects within MAX IV and other academic partners
- Extensive working experience in infrastructure and/or system engineering
- Expertise in Docker and Kubernetes (related certifications a plus)
- Solid understanding of physical and container networking concepts; practical experience therein
- Experience with system performance evaluation and tuning
- Familiarity with automation tools (Ansible, Jenkins)
- Fluent in at least one of python, C, go, bash scriptingExcellent communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Additional meriting qualifications
- B.Sc. level or higher in IT or computer science
- Experience with architecting cloud native applications
- Experience with low-level aspects of computing systems
- Experience working in scientific environment
Probationary period may apply.
On call services may apply in the future.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
To apply, please click the button "Login and apply"