- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Arrowhead is looking for a versatile gameplay programmer to join our kick-ass team in Stockholm, working on our biggest game to date.
As a gameplay programmer at Arrowhead you will have an important influence on the game and you will be involved in several decisionsthat impact the game as a whole.We offer a driven and creative environment where small groups work in cross-disciplinary feature teams.
- Work together with the Designers to translate the game design into engaging gameplay features.
- Implement, maintain and take part in designing game systems like combat, objectives, items, control and interaction
- Prototype ideas to test the validity of features and identify technical possibilities and obstacles.
- Build high quality, well-structured solutions with memory, performance and network stability taken into account.
- Take responsibility for delivering a challenging and fun player experience.
- Support and collaborate with other feature teams, focusing on the game experience as a whole.
- Regularly play test and provide feedback on the game.
- Excellent C/C++ skills.
- Involved in a full development cycle of a AAA-title.
- Hands on experience with multiplayer game programming, ideally in a peer-to-peer environment.
- A solid 3D math foundation in linear algebra, vectors and matrices.
- Good understanding of game technologies such as physics, animation, artificial intelligence and the ability to use them to create fun and emergent gameplay.
- Interest and willingness to learn tools, new methods and stay up to date with what is happening in the field.
- Skilled withingame design
- Good understanding of kinaesthetic appeal
- Good collaboration and communication skills with a cooperative attitude.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
More about you
We see the perfect candidate as having a strong motivation for pushing the game forward as a whole as well as apassion for creating an enjoyable gaming experience.You are explorative and proactive with good problem solving capabilities.
In your role you enjoy digging into different areas of the game, and have a particular passion for exploring what makes gameplay enjoyable.With a cooperative mindset you enjoy collaborating with other teams in your daily work. We think you are both hard-working and enjoy a good break and chat with your colleagues.
- Experience working with both console and PC games, and in particular action co-op titles.
- Worked as a gameplay programmer on one or more AAA titles from start to finish.
- In-depth familiarity with Arrowhead’s games is plus.
- Experience working with character scripting, animation state machines, animation blending and similar techniques.
- Familiarity with component-based programming and peer-to-peer networking.
Scope: Full-time, 40 hours per weekwith permanent employment at the studio.
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.
In your application, please focus on why your skills and experiences would be great for this role and why you would like to join Arrowhead Game Studios. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.