Star Stable is growing rapidly, and with increasing complexity in our development infrastructure, we’re now in need of a Software Engineer to strengthen our Core team. You own the project you work on, with both the responsibility and the freedom in how to solve it. We work frequently in pairs; but not always. That part is largely up to you! A big challenge for us the coming year is to scale up our systems and to be able to handle ten times our current load. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to have a lot of influence and contribute in these areas.
What impact will you have?
By making our launcher and core backend services even better you'll play a huge role in the overall success of our game! We have high ambitions to become the best in continuous delivery and your knowledge is crucial on our journey towards that goal.
As a Software Engineer at Star Stable you will:
- Work with our current tech stack which includes Python, Docker, Redis, RabbitMQ, Salt, Electron, AWS, Terraform, Kibana and New Relic
- Explore new technologies, maintain and make changes to backend services as well as work on the launcher
- Have the opportunity to work with both backend and frontend
- Work (at times in pair with someone) with the whole life cycle of a task, e.g. understanding the problem, evaluate possible solutions, design according to target architecture, implement by coding and deployment of solution
- Interact a lot with everyone in the organization
- Mentor more junior team-members
- Grow in your position as all devs rotate between tasks to learn and evolve in their role
- Laugh together with a great team of diverse people. We often have lunch together and a fair amount of fika, too!
Who are you? We hope that you have at least a couple years of experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Back end frameworks (e.g CherryPy, Django, Flask or Tornado)
- Unix/Linux environments
We look for passion and skill; experience and genuine interest. We love what we do; you should too!
About Star Stable:
Star Stable Online is a vast online multi-player adventure game designed to encourage girls to work together to solve problems and complete challenges as well as explore a large-scale, complex fantasy world from horseback. With more than 15 million registered users, Star Stable is one of the most popular online horse games in the world, and one of the few online gaming sites targeted specifically towards girls.
The company employs a great team, with more than 120 people from all over the world (and continuously growing), located in the center of Stockholm.