- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Senior Industrial Designer is a key member of the Verisure Design Group, reporting to the Global Design Director. The role will be based in our Malmö R&D centers with some European travel required.
The Senior Industrial Designer will be essential to delivering our world class Industrial Design solutions across the Verisure product portfolio. The position will be tasked with executing Industrial Design cohesion and consistency in our future offerings through collaboration with internal stakeholders and partners as well as external agencies and vendors located predominantly in Europe.
The Senior Industrial Designer will be responsible for the creation, development, refinement, and documentation of innovative and compelling industrial design solutions that are in line with the design objectives and goals of Verisure. The role will work closely under the guidance of our Lead Industrial Designer and Global Design Director. They will become involved in all stages of a project, including research, concept development, concept refinement, product development and delivery as well as the preparation of presentations.
The position will work on both tactical projects and programs as well as more strategic and explorative workstreams as and when required by the organizations' leadership team.
Main responsibilities will include supporting the business in all aspects of Industrial Design.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
* Taking a supporting role in projects, from conception to market delivery, providing creative and technical industrial design expertise to the overall project team.
* Developing a thorough understanding of the technical, operational and marketing constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
* Translate business requirements into tangible concept opportunities, while balancing the needs of our end-users, installers and sales teams.
* Always ensuring that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of quality for both internal team reviews and leadership presentations.
* Develop productive and collaborative relationships with our internal functional partners as well as external vendors, suppliers and partners.
* Work pro-actively to push the level of quality in both design thinking and execution, constantly coming up with new ideas and ways of solving stakeholder problems.
* Actively monitor industrial design trends, tools and practices to ensure that best practice is always being maintained.
* BA (Hons) Degree or equivalent in Industrial Design is essential
* 5-8 years working in a similar role ideally in the consumer electronics, telecommunications operators, cable operators or other similar industries
* Advanced 3D Modelling (Autodesk Alias Design) and Rendering (Keyshot) skills are essential
* Seasoned experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator as a minimum)
* Comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes and materials
* Proven track record of delivering successful products to multiple global markets
* Fluency in Written and Verbal English essential
Applications must include: CV and concise Visual Portfolio of Work (PDF format preferred)
Preferred qualifications / Personal Characteristics:
* Proven ability to create collaborative relationships with stakeholders and peers in a matrix organization and be recognized as a value-added partner and resource, working in multicultural teams.
* A match to our culture, the successful candidate will have high energy and flexibility, fantastic communication skills (both written and verbal) and huge amounts of drive.
* Familiar with current home security / smart home solutions and technologies, future developments in these markets, as well as an understanding of the partnerships and use cases behind them.
* Pro-active, driven and willing to listen, observe and understand real user needs.
* Strong knowledge of design thinking practices and methodologies