- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Senior Bioinformatician with Transcriptomics expertise
Would you like to apply bioinformatics and computational solutions to help us evolve our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analytics? Are you a dedicated Bioinformatician with an analytical mindset? If so, we welcome you to join us in our journey to develop and deliver novel software solutions, in support of finding new medicines.
At AstraZeneca, we are currently investing in a broad range of multi-omics capabilities (e.g. transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics) and want you to join our multi-disciplinary Quantitative Biology team in Gothenburg as a passionate Bioinformatics Scientist - where you will play a key role in supporting, driving and developing multi-omics capabilities and projects.
Our focus is to provide insights into human biology and facilitate discovery of new therapeutics by improving the biological understanding of the target and its engagement. This includes supporting the identification of novel molecular mechanisms of action by providing data analysis solutions to high dimensional datasets. We also drive improvement of the company's ability to prioritize target selection and portfolio projects based on probability of technical success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Your main focus will be to:
* Develop software enablements for NGS transcriptomics data processing, analysis toolkits and pipelines, including development or internalization of algorithms and techniques
* Impact, prototype and build local and global data management processes and solutions for capturing and exploiting NGS transcriptomics and other high-dimensional omics data types
* Design and deliver robust and impactful transcriptomics studies via processing, analysis and interpretation of data.
* Ensure scientific excellence in software, processes and results in an efficient and well documented mode
You are a skilled Bioinformatician with a proven track record of delivering analytical solutions for business or academic needs. Your ability to convert details into holistic information by collaborating with colleagues as well as customers will be of great importance.
We expect you to have:
* PhD in Bioinformatics, Mathematical Statistics, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline
* Demonstrable experience in data analysis, management and visualization in several of the following core areas: RNA and DNA based NGS, multivariate and/or high dimensional omics integration, single-cell transcriptomics, epigenomics, metagenomics
* Proficiency and deep understanding of modern RNA-seq methodology (Star, Kallisto, Salmon, DESeq2 etc.)
* Fluency in R, Bioconductor, RMarkdown and related tools
* Proficiency in either Python (Pandas and NumPy stack) or a lower level programming language (C++, Java, etc.)
* Proficiency in working in a Linux environment, experience with shell scripting and standard command line tools
* Basic understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and human physiology
* Experience with git, conda and tools such as Snakemake or Nextflow
* Experience in non-NGS transcriptomics technologies
If this sounds like the job and place for you to make a change - apply now!
Welcome with your application no later than 8th of December, 2019.
For more information about the position please contact Hiring Manager, Petr Volkov at +46 31 776 14 78 or
AstraZeneca is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.