- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
What we do at Detectify
Detectify was born from the simple idea that the internet is broken. Our founders, Fredrik N. Almroth (@almroot) and Frans Rosén (@franrosen), are among the best ethical hackers in the world. They have found critical vulnerabilities at tech giants like Google, Facebook, and Dropbox and used their hacker knowledge to build an advanced web application security scanner that is used by companies such as Spotify, Trello, and KING.
We also collaborate with a global network of handpicked white-hat hackers, who continuously provide us with valuable security research. Our crowd-based security program allows us to bring in the best independent white-hat hackers in the world and automate their findings into our tool.
The Crowdsource team
This security researcher will be joining the Crowdsource team. This team is currently composed of eight people that work hard in order to make sure that the members of Detectify Crowdsource - our private network of white-hat hackers - are engaged and enjoying the best possible experience when collaborating with Detectify.
When a white-hat hacker submits a proof-of-concept of a vulnerability through our platform, our team automates the research by developing a module, which is then made available to our customers through our web vulnerability scanner. We then reward the white-hat hacker for each finding that is generated in our customer base. This is how Detectify combines automation and crowdsourcing.
What you will get to do
As a security researcher in the Crowdsource team, your responsibilities will partially be to identify and build proof-of-concepts for new ways of scanning for vulnerabilities to help expand the scope of Detectify’s services. You will also be involved in validating and implementing proof of concepts that have been uploaded by our Crowdsource and internal researchers, into our scanner.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest security research
- Perform own security research to identify new attack vectors and vulnerability types that can be automated and sourced.
- Develop proof-of-concepts for novel ways of scanning for vulnerabilities that can be built by our backend team and will broaden the scope of what Detectify’s engines can scan for. Communicate with hackers in our network and develop modules that accurately determine the presence of a vulnerability using Detectify's module format, coding the detection in Golang or C#.
- Maintain the quality of data produced from implemented modules and track performance including investigation of false positives or false negatives reported by our customers.
Who you are
You are looking for an opportunity to broaden the impact of ethical hackers through automation. You are highly interested in web application security and automation, staying on top of the latest exploit methods and security news. You are a highly versatile and self-motivated individual who can create and drive change.
You are involved with the security community and understand how vulnerabilities work in-depth and you want to engage with an international network of security researchers.
As a technical skill, we would expect you to have some years of experience writing solid code within an object and component-oriented programming discipline - most preferably with Golang.
So, what do you think?
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a more secure internet. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together. It will be fun!
These are just some of our benefits