- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Aftonbladet is Sweden’s most visited site and biggest news source, engaging more than 3.5 million people on a daily basis! Our mission is to build Europe’s fastest and most engaging news product with future-proof technology.
We like to experiment and challenge our technology choices as much as possible to create amazing user experiences. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better.
Get to know more about the team and our challenges here - https://bit.ly/2Rh3MXx !
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer with Node.js and React competence.
If you have a proven track record of working with microservices architecture, passion to solve complex development problems with holistic, long-term solutions; collaborating with others and producing the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications, we would like to meet you!
Experience with Docker, CI/CD, AWS, devops and an agile mindset are a plus.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
- Addressing problems, defining tech solutions and collaboratively working with other teams to solve challenges and integrate applications in a cloud environment
- Continuously designing and developing new features to push our products to the next level
- Experimenting with new technologies and solutions
- Ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Designing and implementing client-side and server-side architecture
- Specifying contracts and developing schemas for client/server communications
- Building the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Working with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Sharing knowledge and coaching others
COME AND JOIN THE TEAM
You will be working work with talented people and will be making an impact on how journalism is consumed as well as shaping the digital news media business of tomorrow!
You will be part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where openness, collaboration, innovation and passion are key.
We support each other in our curiosity by encouraging knowledge sharing in a creative environment
We run various activities like internal tech forums, meetups, open tracks, devote a day every other week for hacking/learning/experimenting etc.
We continuously work together in order to have an updated training offer, with tech, product and other relevant courses
Schibsted is - at its heart - a product and tech company. We have an ambitious mission to provide leading online marketplaces, build world-class media houses, and help great companies scale. To enable engineers to build their career inside our company, we encourage internal mobility to help you acquire new experiences and help build our company through our shared values.
We believe in empowering people in their daily lives! One way of doing this is through the power of open source, here are some of our contributions: https://schibsted.github.io/
What we do
Our corporate social responsibility is closely linked to our mission of “Empowering people in their daily life”, our values and our core business. We believe that we, together with our users, can contribute to a more sustainable society in what we do every day.
- We empower people by providing transparent and secure marketplaces.
- We empower them by creating services that provide them with better deals.
- We empower them by defending freedom of the press and editorial integrity.
Connecting millions of buyers and sellers every month, we provide leading online marketplaces in the Nordics.
Our digital marketplaces such as Finn.no, Blocket.se help people buy and sell new and old things.
Within Next we drive growth and create value for Schibsted’s customers and users. Our four areas Growth, Financial Services, Next Media and Distribution, will secure that innovation prevails as part of Schibsted’s DNA.
As the largest media group in Scandinavia, our world-class media houses continue to shape the media landscape of today – and tomorrow.
In Scandinavia, our media houses such as VG, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet keep people informed and updated on important issues in society.