Are you a curious person, searching variation and challenges on multiple technical platforms? Always wanted to go serverless? Perfect, then we could have a match! We’re looking for a Fullstack Developer for one of our product teams in Stockholm. If you believe you have what it takes - we’re waiting for your application!
As a Fullstack Developer at Viaplay, you will be focusing on the development of the web platform for the leading online video on demand service in Northern Europe: Viaplay. You will be building strong and high performing web-based interfaces and applications and contribute to our platforms, APIs and libraries. Your work will be a part of Viaplay’s strategy to grow and continue to bring an innovative first class streaming service to our customers.
We thrive in using cutting edge technology, always keeping up to date and constantly challenging status quo. The Viaplay web app is, in short, a dockerized React app running on AWS. It employs functional, declarative and reactive patterns to render data from our Node.js and Java microservices. We love composability and are slightly addicted to Ramda and Recompose. Also, we build our whole product here in-house. And in this role you would be involved in the whole product development life-cycle. Sounds cool, right?
The challenge ahead
You will join a kick-ass cross-functional team (client and backend development, QA, UI/UX, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse! Some of your daily challenges will include:
- Building strong and high performing frontend components in ReactJS
- Driving our product iterations based on consumer feedback and behaviour data
- Microservice/Serverless architecture
- Using multiple programming paradigms and languages
- Flexible production environment supported by Docker hosted in the Amazon Cloud
- An agile development process where we promote pair/mob programming
What we are looking for
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Experience with React.js and Redux
- Knowledge about Node.js ecosystem and microservices
- Experience of Functional Programming concept
- Experience creating responsive, device-agnostic interfaces via progressive enhancement
- Team player with dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices
- Enthusiasm for Agile software development
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience with Reactive Programming concept and Rx.js
- Extensive experience in modern architecture patterns
We offer you
- Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- We build everything in-house with cutting edge technologies.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Max Moen at [email protected].
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’).