- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
In 2018, iZettle became part of the PayPal family. iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Tens of millions of small businesses worldwide are still being underserved by the traditional players. By giving small businesses the tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow, we’re empowering them to reach their full potential. Together with PayPal, we can reach 24 million merchants across the world with more of the affordable tools they need to thrive. Join us in putting an end to the ordinary way the world defines financial freedom.
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking a creative and energetic Back-end Developer to join our Capital Team in Stockholm. Driven by a constant desire to grow and explore together, Capital is responsible for designing and developing applications allowing merchants to get the power boost they need to enhance their business growth and competitiveness.
By joining Capital, you will be part of a cross functional team powered by people from all around the world and bringing together Software Engineers alongside Product Managers and UX Designers. Broadly speaking, you will be involved in a wide range of cross-organisational projects and product development activities around our credit platform, from feature ideation to solution design. More concretely, besides writing scalable and maintainable (clean) code, you will be challenged with building products offering a seamless customer experience.
We the above in mind, we think it is a position for a Developer equally at ease digging into the raw code with or sharing ideas on how to improve the intuitiveness of our solutions. With this in mind, you will be working with some of the latest technologies such as: AWS, Heroku, CircleCI, Keeping up with the most recent Java versions, Kotlin, Dropwizard, Terraform, Splunk.
Here you will get to:
- Closely collaborate with design and product experts to build simple and reliable solutions for our merchants;
- Partner with various teams across PayPal to improve our products and extend our offering to other markets;
- Play a key role in providing routine feedback on our code, architecture and processes;
- Experiment fearlessly, take responsibilities, and grow your expertise to the next level;
- Enjoy working with friendly and talented people in a multicultural and diverse team.
The skills to succeed:
- Expertise enabling web apps and systems with Spring, Dropwizard or similar frameworks;
- Experience designing simple solutions and building scalable distributed services;
- Strong grasp of design patterns and good practices in back-end development;
- Solid track record with at least one JVM language (Java, Kotlin, Scala, other).
The key traits to exceed:
- You are a natural team player energised by collaboratively finding creative solutions to new situations;
- You are a forward thinker at ease taking initiatives going above and beyond the call of duty if needed;
- You think that even good ideas need explaining and know how to move technical discussions forward.
Earn bonus points if you're familiar with:
- GraphQL APIs;
- Test automation;
- Cloud platforms (ideally AWS);
- FinTech or/and Financial services.
Small minds never helped small businesses
Since 2010, iZettle has been on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. By offering them innovative tools and solutions required to get paid, sell smarter and grow, we are empowering business owners to reach their full potential. While we take pride in how far we have come, we have no intention of sticking to known patterns or old truths. In 2018, we joined forces with PayPal to continue on our quest to democratise financial services and support millions of merchants across the globe with more of what they need to thrive. Do you also believe in financial inclusion?
Bring your talent to our attention:
Ready to take things further? Great, we’d love to hear from you. Go on, hit apply and let's talk!