- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The Communications Group at MAX IV Laboratory is responsible for supporting internal and external communications, including press and research communication, branding, projects and events as well as the MAX IV web site and social media presence. We advise on what should be communicated, where and when and to whom as well as providing training and certain operational assistance in communication issues to employees and management. The group consists of the Head of Communications and two Communications Officers.
Are web design and WordPress your superpowers? Are you a curious and motivated people person interested in online culture with a knack for inclusive interfaces? Do you want to apply your skills and experiences to help show the world the capabilities of Sweden's new flagship laboratory? If so, we have the job for you!
We are looking for a webmaster to join our team to be responsible for rebuilding and maintaining our external website http://www.
Work duties and areas of responsibility
The website will be rebuilt during the coming year to meet the needs of our stakeholders and to be aligned with applicable legislation, especially concerning requirements for accessibility according to Directive (EU) 2016/2102. The webmaster will be the project leader for this which includes, but are not limited to, the following tasks (many conducted in cooperation with the IT Web Group at MAX IV):
- Design theme and menu structure
- Design and install new templates based on organisational needs
- Find and evaluate a set of plugins needed for optimal functionality and accessibility
- Revise and update existing content in cooperation with the respective content owner
- Populate and maintain the media library
Your day to day work will include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Coordination of content, menu structure and editorial management (we have several publishers)
- Continuous updates and quality assurance of content based on web analysis
- Manage editing rights, follow up on ownership of content
- Educate and train publishers
- Search engine optimisation
- Updating software and implementing new functionality based on organisational needs
- Requirements for IT Web Group developers (incl. availability)
- Functionality testing
- Developing web and social media strategy
You will be the interface between the Communications group and the IT Web Group as well as between the Communications group and our User Office in all things concerning the website and related user interfaces. You will be responsible to educate, train and support our publishers in their work with the website content and structure.
The successful candidate will have the following abilities:
- Autonomous – Takes responsibility for own task. Structures own ways of tackling problems and pushes own processes through.
- Ability to co-operate – Works well with other people. Relates to them in a sensitive way. Listens, communicates and solves conflicts constructively.
- Service Minded – Is calm, attentive and forthcoming. Has an interest, will and ability to help others and strives to deliver solutions.
- Clarity and distinctiveness – Communicate in a clear way. Makes sure that information gets through and that expectations are understood by all concerned parties. Reminds and follows up.
- Creative – Often comes up with ideas and new approaches to work-related issues. Has an innovative way of thinking which can be put into practice and which leads to results.
- Proven experience working as an editor and web publisher in WordPress incl. CSS and HTML
- Proven experience working with Google Analytics, SEO and availability
- Experience working with graphical design tools
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
- Experience of quality assurance of a large organisation's website
- Experience of science communication or from a relevant organisation
- Experience on how to develop a communication strategy for web and social media
- Experience or interest in general programming
- Proficiency in Swedish, preferably both written and oral
Please provide at least 2 references with your application.
On call services may apply in the future.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
To apply, please click the button "Login and apply"