Are you passionate about security and people? Do you have experience as a security engineer, security evangelist or similar and are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to help build a security culture? Then we might have the right role for you!
We’re looking for a security evangelist to help us level-up and shift-left the security work across all newspapers in Norway and Sweden. Schibsted News Media consist of several of the biggest newspapers in Norway and Sweden like VG, Aftonbladet, Aftenposten, SvD, BT and sites like tek.no and godt.no. In addition, you will collaborate with a central security team with talented security engineers working on projects across Schibsted’s News Media, Marketplaces and Next (growth companies) divisions.
As a Security Evangelist you will be part of the Product and Technology team and you will help other teams in the organisation to establish a security culture and to build security into their products. You will work closely together with our brands and functions in order to implement the needed best practice in terms of processes, tools and awareness.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Build a community of security champions across Schibsted News Media
- Help implement security best practices across the organisation
- Help identify and fix security vulnerabilities.
- Guidance on security to the tech teams across Schibsted News Media
- Review systems and code for security weaknesses and suggest security improvements
- Security evangelist to promote, change and integrate security governance across Schibsted News Media business and operations
- Help build and improve the security services such as:
- Secure Development Lifecycle
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Assessment
- Automated Risk Scoring
- Security Training
- Security Champions Program
- Automated breach detection and response
- Incident response
- Cloud Security
Skills and Requirements:
- Good people skills and appreciate working with other engineers solve problems.
- Excellent communications skills with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English. Proficient in a Scandinavian language is a plus
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science is nice, but experience matters more
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong UNIX background
- Experience with DevOps and infrastructure as code
- DevSecOps knowledge and implementation expertise with “automate everything” mindset
- Knowledge about security in containers
- Experience with application security across cloud IaaS and SaaS environments, including direct security management experience with AWS, Google or Azure
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Solution oriented and pragmatic
- Good listening capability
- Deep interest and curiousness in the technology space of security
- Perseverance and focus on implementing from start to completion
We offer you:
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities
- Amazing colleagues
- Personal development plan
- An exciting position in the heart of one of the biggest media and tech companies in Norway and Sweden.
Schibsted is an international media group with more than 5 000 employees. We have world-class media houses in Scandinavia, leading marketplaces and digital services that empower consumers. Millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day.
What we do
Our corporate social responsibility is closely linked to our mission of “Empowering people in their daily life”, our values and our core business. We believe that we, together with our users, can contribute to a more sustainable society in what we do every day.
- We empower people by providing transparent and secure marketplaces.
- We empower them by creating services that provide them with better deals.
- We empower them by defending freedom of the press and editorial integrity.
Connecting millions of buyers and sellers every month, we provide leading online marketplaces in the Nordics.
Our digital marketplaces such as Finn.no, Blocket.se help people buy and sell new and old things.
Within Next we drive growth and create value for Schibsted’s customers and users. Our four areas Growth, Financial Services, Next Media and Distribution, will secure that innovation prevails as part of Schibsted’s DNA.
As the largest media group in Scandinavia, our world-class media houses continue to shape the media landscape of today – and tomorrow.
In Scandinavia, our media houses such as VG, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet keep people informed and updated on important issues in society.
Andra webbjobb i Stockholm
- Backend-utvecklare som vill göra skillnad
- Frontend-utvecklare som vill göra skillnad
- Webbprojektledare med utvecklingsdriv till Tillväxtverket
- Produktägare sökes till nytt Flytta-team!
- Linux systemadministratör till integrationsteam, Stockholm