- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
We are looking for an experienced systems and tools developer who wants to work in our central development team with improving our tools and systems for our code, art and content workflows.
AAA games development involves building and managing a large and complex tools and engine code base for diverse platforms. As a highly skilled member of our central development team you will help realize our vision for cutting edge games technology and game development tools.
You will be developing and maintaining our build infrastructure and content pipeline, including content creation tools and compilers. You will continuously work with and support artists, designers and programmers to improve on the tools and infrastructure functionality and performance. You will have the opportunity to make a great impact on the creative process and productivity for all the game developers in the studio.
As a person you are a team player with a with a strong desire to collaborate with developers and users to gain insight in the realities of their day-to-day work. You are pragmatic and results-oriented with ability to quickly absorb new information and transform it into creative solutions. You also have a sense of urgency and ability to cope with short lead-times.
We can offer you a challenging, stimulating and value-driven environment where you will work together with some of the industry’s strongest brains, and where you will constantly apply and deepen your skills.
- At least 3 years of professional systems and tools development experience
- At least bachelor's degree or equivalentin software engineering/computer science
- Experience in both Windows and Unix / Linux application development, and developing systems and services for a networked environment
- Good knowledge of web services, protocols, proxies and servers (REST, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Database skills (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, BigTable, Apache, Cassandra)
- Experience of configuring, extending and working with build and source code / binaries distribution systems (e.g. Waf, Ant, Make, Maven/Nexus)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Tool fronted / GUI development
- Worked with complex proprietary IT systems
- Filesystem and network programming
- Familiar with cloud computing (e.g. map/reduce, Hadoop)
- Continuous integration experience (Jenkins/Hudson in particular)
- Experience with Perforce or Git
- Games industry experience
- Automated software testing (e.g. TDD)
- Knowledge and/or experience of Kanbum/Scrum
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and is currently hard at work on Mad Max (published by Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment). We develop games based on our proprietary technology, the Avalanche Engine, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
In addition to creating blockbuster AAA games, Avalanche Studios is continuously exploring other aspects of the industry. We scaled our trademark explosive action down for the hit XBLA/PSN game Renegade Ops. We are currently working on our first mobile project. And through our subsidiary Expansive Worlds, we have reached more than 2 million registered players for the most realistic hunting simulation in the world, aptly titled theHunter.
Avalanche Studios was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg, and established a US presence in New York City in 2011. It goes without saying that team members have the opportunity to exchange ideas, visit or even move between our studios.
We consider people our most valuable resource and work hard to ensure their health and happiness. We believe in a sound work/life balance and go to great lengths to protect this often championed but rarely realized concept.
Avalanche Studios is built on the belief in an open and friendly company atmosphere coupled with a truly flat organization. There are no closed offices at either the Stockholm or New York studios. All projects are run in cross functional teams. Sharing and collaborating is at the heart of everything we do.
Visit our home on the web, http://www.avalanchestudios.se, or follow our frequent updates at http://www.facebook.com/avalanchestudiossweden and http://www.twitter.com/avalanchesweden
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.