Keen to be in a growing team in a dynamic company? Keen to see your inventions go live quickly? Join our experienced team in Uppsala and help us develop innovative high-volume, high-availability betting systems.
Founded by World Poker Tour champion Martin de Knijff and run by former Executives of some of the most established operators in the industry, Metric is a B2B company that prides itself on thinking B2C. Having developed into one of the most compelling and dynamic independent sports betting suppliers in the industry, the Company’s mission is to develop into the leading mainstream sports betting provider with a reputation for building high quality, bespoke and innovative products.
In this exciting mission, Metric expands its software development center in Uppsala and wants you if you are a talented java developer with experience who thrives in a dynamic environment.
Scope of the Role:
Reporting to Platform Development Manager, you will build and support high performance technology for worldwide gaming companies. You will work within a tight team in a fast paced and rewarding development environment and will be able to learn from the team and to develop your skills.
The challenging position requires self-starters who enjoy understanding the business needs to implement inventive solutions with high requirements on capacity and quality. It will be important to effectively combine the needs of multiple projects, to meet aggressive deadlines, and to thrive in a dynamic environment. You can expect a high-profile position on a great team with many challenges, opportunities and rewards in an internationally growing organisation.
The team in Uppsala develops server and backoffice administration software for online sports betting, based on a J2EE platform. The software handles more than 2,000 bets and 1,000 settlements per second on a vast number of markets and bet types. The team manages break-down, implementation, test and delivery of new features. The technology stack is constantly evolving and currently based on Wildfly, JSF, MySQL and Ubuntu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in a software team to deliver high quality software products and services that meet our business goals
• Collaborate with fellow engineers to continually improve methodologies, standards, processes and tools to make teams more efficient
• Use your troubleshooting and triage skills to provide assistance to the support and operations staff in solving escalated production and customer issues
• Flexible and works well as part of a fast-paced product development team
• Help other engineers on the team
• Take part in creating designs for larger implementation tasks for the team
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred
• Problem solving skills, sense of quality and attention to detail
• At least two years’ experience with modern Java server development
• Experience in developing cloud software services that are scalable and high performing
• Understanding of working in SQL databases
• Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability and trade-offs therein
• Collaborative and works well with others
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
• A record of completing on-time development with high quality
• Previous experience in Agile/Scrum environment is preferred
- Collective agreement
- Monthly salary
- Probationary employment (6 month)