- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
“I think the biggest innovations of the 21st century will be at the intersection of biology and technology. A new era is beginning.” — Steve Jobs
Want to fight climate change, reshape the trillion dollar chemical industry, and have fun programming robots at the same time? We’re a Swedish startup founded in 2014 that is using computation and biology together to create a new way of producing both the existing building blocks of the world — the billion tonnes of plastics, nylons, rubbers, and all the other things that we touch on a day to day basis — as well as completely new molecules and materials.
We’re funded by well-known investors, and employ some of the best researchers in their respective fields from all over the world. We’re building an industry-leading company for the long-term, and we want to invite you to come along for the journey. You can read more about us here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/j...
What you’ll do
In yesterday’s labs even PhD-level researchers spent most of their time engaged in drudgery, such as repeating the same pipetting movements for hours on end. Results were recorded in physical notebooks with pen and paper, and data wasn’t standardized, searchable, or easily analyzable. This era is thankfully coming to an end.
The lab of the future is automated, scalable, and software-driven, and at EnginZyme we want your help building it. This means everything from designing a coherent backend that integrates multiple services, to writing scripting tools for data analysis, to interfacing with robots. As a senior backend developer you will play a big role in defining our software strategy. Together with people working on automation, data management, and RnD, you will co-create solutions in a continuous process of design, development, deployment and testing. You’ll build tools from scratch, adapt open source tools, and integrate with commercial services — whatever it takes to get the job done.
Key tasks and responsibilities are:
- Design and drive strategic initiatives for internal automation and data management software solutions.
- Integrate APIs for robotics, instruments, and analytics.
- Write automated tests for your solutions, deploy them and monitor to detect and address our user issues.
- Explore and prototype new ideas, algorithms, and frameworks.
The position is based in Stockholm and may include some traveling for research and development purposes.
Who you are
We are looking for people share our passion for problem solving without toolkit boundaries. As a software developer, you are an independent problem solver and you don’t need a playbook to follow. If you’re comfortable with technologies like Python, Docker, AWS and SQL,that’s a plus, but the exact technology stack you’ve worked with in the past is not the most important thing. What’s matters is that you can deliver to a high standard.
You have successfully managed and implemented small and medium sized projects from the idea conception to deployment. You don’t cut corners during testing and deployment, and you know how to avoid technical debt. You enjoy communicating your ideas to people who work in a totally different area and don’t share your expertise.
In terms of personal qualities, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for what they do. Someone who has found their calling — the kind of person who thinks about coding in the shower.
- Is creative. Someone who loves coming up with out-of-the-box solutions and new, smarter ways of doing things.
- Gets things done. A self-disciplined, hard-working doer.
- Doesn’t settle. Someone who pushes the envelope — overdelivers, goes out of their comfort zone, resists stagnation.
- Is agreeable. A warm, cooperative, and friendly person.
If this describes you, you’ll fit in with the rest of the team!
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to be part of something big and important
- Getting to advance state-of-the-art technology
- To work with world-class researchers on problems at the frontier of the field
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- The get in on the ground floor — it’s still early days (and we plan to grow our headcount by more than 50% this year alone)
- A friendly, multi-cultural, tight-knit group employing people from all over the world. On our team of 22 we today have Brits, Bolivians, Germans, Norwegians, Brazilians, Spaniards, Argentinians, Russians, and Mexicans — actual Swedes are a minority!
- Startup mentality. No red tape, lots of responsibility and ownership
- One of the best cities in the world to live and work (don’t take our word for it! Just listen to this guy for five minutes: https://youtu.be/CAkdWUjdJyA). We offer relocation support and help you get set up
- Flexible hours
- An environment where you’re free — and expected — to continuously learn and grow