At Semcon we believe that digital has the possibility to drive a better future.
We are now looking for an Embedded Software Developer with a passion for developing solutions at the intersection of hardware and software. We believe that you have a great user experience in mind and have an interest for the Life Science industry.
Our world today is facing challenges such as an ageing population, lifestyle-related diseases and rapid technical progress that are increasing demands on user-friendly medical devices, quality-assured pharmaceuticals and efficient digital information solutions. Semcon has a broad experience working in the Life Science industry. With more than 35 years in the industry and a knowledge of its unique requirements we are a strong partner with great expertise within both Medtech and Pharma.
Within the Life Science industry we’re developing medical devices that make it easier for people to feel better. And live their lives the way they want to. We combine expertise in the fields pf product development and design, validation and digital solutions in order to develop technical solutions that are easy to use, safe and connected, offering the best possible user experience.
You will be a part of our Digital Experience & Advisory team working in challenging assignments and with exciting customers. We all come from different areas of expertise and our ambition is to build a large team with skills ranging from digital strategy, project management and UX/service design to software development and emerging tech. We also have a long history of working with embedded software to create connected and smart products.
What you’ll do
- Prototype solutions for smart connected products and systems
- Design and develop software of embedded devices and systems
- Collaborate with team members to provide and receive architecture-level and code-level feedback
- Strive to always improve our way of working
- Having fun!
We’ll look beyond your resume, but here is a starting point.
- 3 + years of software development experience
- Strong programming skills in C and/ or C++
- Embedded Linux
- Understanding of wireless communication protocols (Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi)
- Experience from working in the Life Science industry
- Familiar with regulations within Medtech & Pharma
- Comfortable with agile and lean development methodologies
- Great communication skills in Swedish and English
Experience of working with Python, Java, Azure, AWS or other relevant languages or frameworks is a plus.
At Semcon, you will have great colleagues who provide new ways of thinking, not necessarily always agreeing with you, but where we all value the same things: collaboration, balance in life, diversity, kindness, getting things done, learning fast, having fun and sharing our knowledge. We strongly believe that diversity of background, experience and perspectives is important to create excellent user experiences and to make Semcon a great place to work.
If you are interested in joining our team, just apply with your CV or LinkedIn below, or contact Karl-Johan to learn more!
Karl-Johan Svennenfors, Team Manager Digital Experience & Advisory