As a Creative Tools Software engineer at Embark, you will be a part of our small R&D team, exploring technology that bridges the gap between creative intent and execution - how do we enable millions to create vast beautiful interactive worlds and express their ideas in a quick and autotelic way?
You help implementing ideas, from research to a usable tool, and you do not shy from experimenting, geting user feedback and connecting existing solutions to a bigger picture.
You may be coming from software engineering, game programming, or tool programming backgrounds. You are comfortable on projects with a long term vision and lots of detail to figure out along the way.
You are not afraid of arriving at wrong answers if they further the understanding of questions at hand.
Example of responsibilities
- Build creative tools used in creative workflows
- Read, understand, and implement methods published in academic literature
- Take a tool from a prototype to a user facing product
- Collaborate with content creators, designers, and software engineers
We would love if you have
- Advocacy for user creativity, desire to see what others do with the tools you build
- Experience with procedural content creation and/or machine learning
- Experience with modern programming languages (Rust, C++, Python, etc)
- Experience with building interactive tools for creative purposes
- Solid understanding of 3D computer graphics
- Professional English communication skills
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!