As a physics simulation programmer at Embark you will be working on an unannounced co-operative action game, alongside some of the most talented people in the games industry.
Embark’s games rely heavily on dynamic and physically simulated features, which we believe bring a lot to the player experience. We are both building features on top of Unreal’s physics libraries (PhysX and Chaos) as well exploring new ideas, such as locomotion based on machine learning.
We believe a skilled programmer can strengthen our team of game programmers and researchers and help us get even more gameplay value to our players through new features, optimizations and improvements.
You have a background in physics research or writing libraries, as well as a solid understanding of the theories involved.
You also have experience from game programming and understand the limitations multiplayer games pose on physics and simulation.
Because you will be working directly in the game team, you also have a strong interest in games and game-making.
Example of responsibilities
- Research and implement new algorithms and solvers in our games
- Improve quality, performance and usability,
- Enable the game teams to improve the unique and emergent gameplay for our players.
We would love if you have
- A creative and curious mind,
- A fluent English - our team comes from all over the world,
- A strong background in C++,
- A background in physics research or creating physics libraries or software,
- Experience with game physics engines,
- An interest in machine learning algorithms and robotics.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our " Open Application. (https://www.embark-studios.com/jobs/278181-game-maker-open-application)"