- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
We believe that privacy is fundamental to a well-functioning society where norms, ethics, and laws can safely be discussed and challenged. That same society cannot flourish and develop - nor can it exist - without privacy. This is why we provide a VPN service: because privacy is paramount, and apparently not only to us. The Mullvad VPN (https://mullvad.net/en/) community is growing, and so are we. We believe in making internet censorship and mass surveillance ineffective, do you?
About the position as Android developer
You will be part of the larger app development team (we’re seven today), and more specifically, the newly formed mobile sub-team. This sub-team will focus on bringing new features to both iOS and Android. Features we already have on desktop, but also mobile only features. You will work mostly with the existing mobile developers, but of course also with the entire app team. The team work with open source software only. The entire app we are creating, and want your help to develop further, is available at (https://github.com/mullvad/mullvadvpn-app/).
We are looking for you...
who, like us, love to discuss how we could collect and store less, and rather delete more data. Does quality overthrow deadlines where you are today? Bring your profoundly curious mind for systems with a heavy focus on security and privacy.
Our four wishes:
- The Android app is written in Kotlin but also Rust. The UI and the base of the app is written in Kotlin, and this is where we hope and expect you to be able to contribute.
- You should be familiar with creating Android UIs and handling the app life cycle in general.
- However, the backend of the app, creating the actual VPN tunnel and keeping the device secure is written in Rust. This Rust backend is the same code base that runs on desktop. We do not expect you to know any Rust, but it is a plus if you do or is interested in learning it. If you know how to interact with other languages (FFI/jni) from Kotlin/Java that is a plus.
- The team consists of people from various countries and backgrounds. So, you are expected to have good communication skills in English.
Why Mullvad VPN?
Privacy and freedom. As we breathe for the universal right to privacy, we also believe in life outside of work. We don’t work 9 to 5, we work when, and where from, we want. From a friend’s summer house one week to a team effort Monday to Thursday the week after. Plain and simple, you and the team decide when the work gets done. Furthermore, we allocate €500 annually in allowances toward wellness-related activities and offer opportunities for growth aside from company-initiated ones, for attending various national and international conferences (for now: only digitally). We are a bunch of diversified peeps: from vegans to Marathon runners, sport nerds to computer nerds. What unite us? Our very security- and privacy-focused company culture, that’s highly influenced by a strong emphasis on no-blame culture. You want in?
This is an ongoing, full-time position that we hope to fill as soon as possible, so don’t wait too long with your application written in English.
START: Right away
LOCATION: Gothenburg, Sweden
JOB HOURS: Full-time
CONTACT: Talent Manager Ellinor Hellberg, [email protected] (for questions regarding the position, not applications)
LAST APPLICATION DATE: 2020-10-18
At Oddwork (http://www.oddwork.se/) we´re convinced that the world would become a better place if everyone followed their dreams. That’s why we started our orange revolution - to empower talents and companies to Dare To Dream. As a recruitment and employer branding company we challenge expectations and match talents with the next career adventure while helping organizations create stronger corporate cultures. 7 days a week - 365 days a year. We know for sure: it´s when the right personality and the right culture meet that magic arises! Curious and want to know more? Step into the world of Oddwork by clicking here! (https://www.facebook.com/oddwork/)