Front End Engineer
Are you a UX Developer who enjoys giving users the best experience possible, or a full-stack engineer but you love front end a little bit more? Are you also looking to be a part of building and creating something new? Then this could be what you’re fishing for!
Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 11 million users all over the world who have logged over 10 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for a Front End Engineer to join our pond. We hope that it’s you.
In the position as a Front End Engineer, you will be joining our Web team, which means you will be helping shape Fishbrain’s presence on the web and catching the next 10 million users. We’re very excited about the future of Fishbrain on the web, and we hope that you are too!
Your daily work will involve:
- Helping to build a web platform for Fishbrain, including social media feeds, interactive maps, eCommerce integrations, and much more.
- Working with tech like TypeScript, React, GraphQL, and Serverless.
- Prototyping, experimenting, and implementing UX interactions and animations
- Implementing and iterating on our component-based design system
- Working across the entire product lifecycle, from product discovery to product development and through multiple product iterations
- Working together with the design team to build a consistent UI and experience across the whole customer journey
- Working cross-functional with a fun mix of designers, product manager, back end-, Android-, and iOS Engineers
What we are fishing for:
- You have about 3+ years of experience working as a developer coming up with and implementing solutions to provide a great user experience
- You get a kick out of creating fantastic user interactions and experiences
- You might also have experience with the following areas
- SEO or performance optimisation
- Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda
- Server-side rendering with React
- Testing using tools like Testing Library or Cypress
- You’re updated with new technologies and like to try out new waters
- You like to swim with other fishes, you’re communicative and most of all, you like to have fun
Our Bait We have trust in our employees which means that 1. you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one and 2. we value your opinions and and ideas. No matter the team, everything we do has an impact on our users and on Fishbrain as a company. Our culture is very important to us. If you have a “win as a team” mentality, are passionate and like to have fun, then Fishbrain is the place for you!
Feeling hooked? Throw us a line!