Hemnet is many Swedes' favorite place online. Here people find joy, inspiration and – most important - their new homes. As a Developer at Hemnet you will face fun challenges when developing ideas for products affecting people's lives in a positive way.
Team Agent Products
With us, you’ll be part of the team developing products for the property agents. Our mission is to make Hemnet the obvious choice by giving them the best possible conditions to make successful property transactions and reach new customers.
Today we are five developers, one UX designer and one Product Manager working closely together to continuously deliver value to our customers.
Some examples of what we do:
- Bring insights to real estate offices and agents about their local market and performance.
- Help agents to market themselves on Hemnet, find more business opportunities and reach new customers.
- Maintain and improve Hemnet’s customer portal, where the agents facilitate listings, buy products and more.
- Cross-collaboration with all other development teams on Hemnet.
Software development at Hemnet
The teams at Hemnet are self-propelled and cross-functional, which means that you’ll be part of the entire product development cycle. We work data-driven in close collaboration with each other - exploring, test and iterate. We validate against real data and learn from new insights. As a backend developer in our team you will:
- Be an important part of a cross-functional team with joint product responsibility - together we bring the product forward.
- Take quick decisions with an experimental approach.
- Develop and maintain our products from idea/vision to production.
- Be part of an agile team where continuous improvement and continuous delivery are part of the everyday work life.
- Work in a friendly and caring company culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the company's agenda.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Are a seasoned backend developer with an agile mindset who enjoys working across the whole application stack.
- Think that code reviews, pair programming and design discussions are a great way to get feedback, learn and share knowledge.
- Have interest in software quality, best practices and clean code.
- Believe in the value of automated testing and frequent releases.
A peek at our tech stack:
- Ruby (Rails)
How Team Agent Products is working during the Corona pandemic
The team will work remotely at least until the end of this year. It is possible to work from the office but the team mainly works from home with daily meetings to plan the work for the day. Pair- or mob-programming is used frequently to collaborate and share knowledge. We have daily check-ins set up online and once a week a team fika. Tools we use to collaborate remotely are Tuple, Trello, Miro and Meet.
We look forward to reading your application!