- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and e-book streaming services. We offer hundreds of thousands of audiobooks and e-books to customers in 20+ markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life.
We also believe in the power of data. As we continue to reinforce our focus on analytics, we are looking to strengthen our Intelligence team with a talented and driven Data Engineer. This is a critical role that will be instrumental in setting up the basis of a truly data-driven company.
About the role
The Intelligence team comprises a Data Science crew, an Architecture crew and a Business Intelligence crew, both working closely with Storytel’s various Business functions and our Tech organization. We deliver reports to support business decisions as well as algorithms aiming to improve our operations and the customer’s experience. We are now creating one additional crew focusing on data foundation and architecture.
Together with our Data Architect, you will be responsible for implementing the architecture roadmap enabling our data science projects, visualization needs and business reporting, while following the guidelines for improved governance. You will develop new data pipelines and maintain the current ones.
You report to the Head of the Intelligence team.
Your goal is to build a strong and reliable data foundation that will support both our data scientists’ explorative and modelling needs as well as the BI teams’ analysis and business reporting.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- Implementing the data structure as defined in the architecture roadmap
- Designing and building data pipelines to form the data foundation
- Maintaining an overview of our data sources, pipelines, and models
- Optimizing and leveraging on the chosen platform landscape
- Implementing the governance processes
- Participating in our monitoring schedule one weekend each month
- You hold a university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field.
- You are knowledgeable within data modelling with practical experience in different modelling techniques.
- You are well acquainted with agile methodologies, development processes and version handling.
- To succeed in this role, you need to be proficient in SQL and Python.
- You also have solid experience with cloud-based platforms like GCP/Big Query, AWS Redshift, Azure data lake or similar.
- We will also value skills with SAS technology.
- Prior involvement in data science projects is a very good merit.
As a person, you are curious and eager to constantly improve your skills. You have the ability to support team members in their architectural short-term needs while not compromising on our long-term quality goal.
As a truly international company, English is our working language and your direct colleagues from the Intelligence group are based in Stockholm, Barcelona and Copenhagen. For this position, we are primarily looking for candidates who aim to be based in our Stockholm office.
What we can offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcome. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement, we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. If you would like to read more about us and our products please have a look at http://www.storytel.com (http://www.storytel.com).
As this role is crucial for us, we will read applications fast and hold interviews with candidates on an ongoing basis. Are you interested in joining a fun, motivated team and in setting the architecture and quality standard for a fast growing company? We would love to hear from you.