- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for Group Leader Control System Software.
Description of directorate/division
You will join the Integrated Control System division, which is designing, constructing, commissioning and operating the control systems for the ESS facility. The Control system can be described as the "Nervous system" of the ESS facilities that monitors and controls most of the operational aspects. We cover a wide range of sensing, control and automation technology from highly customized electronics specific for ESS applications to standardized PLCs controlling interior climate in buildings.
The Control System Software group designs, develops, commissions and operates software products with a wide scope range, from specialized low-level operating system drivers to very high level database driven, web-based applications used for monitoring and accessing the control system of ICS.
The software scope contains of a mixture from entirely in-house development, through community-style development in standardized open-source code bases to adaption and configuration of off-the shelf commercial systems.
Description of main responsibilities
As group leader you are responsible for managing a team of software developers, for the development of the competence, capacity and availability of this team and for the quality of team operational results and deliverables. The position is a line-management position containing responsibility for personnel according to Swedish labor legislation, with duties such as performance management, competence development, capacity management, salary setting etc of the team. You are responsible for adaptation, implementation and follow-up of processes and procedures; at ICS we follow an agile way of working, but due to the many interfaces of ICS we have to have a high degree of flexibility in order to adapt properly to our customers.
ICS is implementing a variant of the classical line/project matrix organizational model with some degree of operational project responsibility also applicable to line managers. You are expected to make technical decisions within the team that affect methodology, quality and performance-related issues. This means that you must have good knowledge on technologies relevant for the position.
You are expected to be an active and driving contributor in the ICS management team.
• M.Sc. in computer science or similar
• Solid experience from software development over a wide range of environments, specifically for C, C++ and Java contexts, database and distributed application development, Linux kernel module development and web based interface development
• Solid line management experience from small to medium sized teams
• Experience from working in project/line matrix organizations and experience from estimation, planning, resource allocation and execution of project work
• Good knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Excellent communication skills in English orally and written
The following experiences are considered as beneficial but not required:
• Working within scientific/academic environments
• Experience from automation software systems
• Experience from EPICS-based control system software or similar
• General understanding of electronics and hardware design
To be successful and perform well in this position you are a result oriented problem solver with a strong commitment to quality. You have a collaborative mindset and enjoy contributing to and driving a team. You have a pioneering personality with creativity, ingenuity and perseverance. As a line manager, we expect you to have all the needed human skills to manage a high performing and dynamic team of developers.
Your presentation and language skills are also important to us. Excellent communication skills are required and you must be able to explain/simplify complex hardware-software interactions for other developers/users/customers. You have good knowledge of Agile Development methodologies and experience with applying the scrum methodology.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is 2nd of August 2015. For further information regarding the position, please contact Head of Division, Henrik Carling, henrik.carling[at]esss.se. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Charlotta Olsson, charlotta.olsson[at]esss.se.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Andra webbjobb i Lund
- Software Developer - Connect with our Team, Digital Services
- Framtida möjligheter inom Digital Services
- Adaptive and innovative Full Stack Developer - Zaplox
- Vi söker utvecklare inom testautomation till branschledande Consafe Logi...
- Fullstack utvecklare