This is Readly
Founded in Sweden 2013, Readly ( http://www.readly.com (http://www.readly.com/)) is leading the digital magazine revolution, giving users unlimited access to the entire content portfolio of over 4000+ magazine titles for a fixed monthly fee. Our ‘content as a service’ model is disrupting the conventional publishing model through clear, customer-centric digital transformation.
We have just left the start-up scene and now we are on our way to become a proven scale-up with organic growth. You will be given a great deal of freedom and an opportunity to grow. Our people are, just like you, humble team players that have the courage to try new things and value transparency.
Join a team that is really passionate about our product and proud over the portfolio that we have. Our headquarter is located in Stockholm with offices in Växjö, London and Berlin.
We are looking for backend engineers to join our team in our mission to provide our customers with world-class applications that are used to discover and read magazines. Today we offer our magazine apps on iOS, Android and the Web.
The backend tech stacks business responsibility is to manage all the underlying business logic and integrations such as:
- Content preparation and APIs (including all business logic surrounding the magazines)
- User account management
- Payment management
- Partner integrations
- Revenue model management
- CRM tool integrations
- Data warehouse integrations
We are a slim and flat tech organization where all contributes on all levels. You will work in an organization where you contribute both with product features and with making sure our backend stack constantly is an enabler for the future.
Our ways of working are autonomous where we work in cross-functional-business-domain-teams where the team are involved in all steps in the product development process (i.e. from need to running solution).
As we are scaling up our tech organization, we are looking for both you who are a senior lead and for you who are in the beginning of your career.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product in our mission to continue to provide a best-in-world web magazine experience
- Collaborate with our other backend technicians where we jointly help each other to shape the direction of our backend tech stack and the corresponding development processes.
- Collaborate with technicians in other stacks where we jointly help each other to shape the direction of our complete tech stack portfolio.
- Learn a ton of new things, we emphasize learning and we also want you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Readly is doing.
What we are looking for:
- In order for you to thrive in this role, you need to be passionate about building great products that people love.
- We value a “can-do mentality”, but where you are still not afraid to ask questions and seek assistance from colleagues.
- We put a lot of emphasis on teamwork and collaborative problem solving, so good communication skills, empathy and a team-first mindset is key.
- A plus but not a must if you can move up and down between our backend and client stacks.
Who you are:
- You have a deep understanding of modern backend development and cloud services.
- You are experienced with building and deploying backend services.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- Culture fit - you will embody our culture of bravery, humility and transparency and be passionate about helping us achieve our goals. You understand that curiosity is vital and teach people to empower themselves. And, you build on a foundation of trust and share information openly and proactively
Do you feel this is a perfect match? Please apply by clicking the link below!
You want to know more, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist [email protected]