- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
It’s new, it’s entrepreneurial and it’s growing fast. Do you want to join the ride as one of the core developers?
FishBrain has been around for just over one year and created a lot of buzz. We have grown fast and want to hire a few additional developers to take the product and the platform to the next level. Our app, our API and our analytics engine all needs more love than ever.
What we offer
- You’ll take part in a truly entrepreneurial environment. All our founders have started companies before. We’ve done everything from failing, going global, being bought and IPO’d. We know this game.
- Fast paced days where you’ll learn a lot. If you want to get into large scale APIs, app-building, data mining, social networks and up-and-coming platforms like Google Glass, then this is for you.
- A smorgasbord of full stack hacking. Go from increasing the snappiness of an app UI, to improving fault tolerance of a distributed notification system, to writing prediction algorithms. Or specialize in the part that floats your boat.
- Large responsibilities from day one. What you do will have actual impact on our users and FishBrain as a company. Your opinions and ideas will matter.
- Work that will get noticed. We have users all over the world and are covered in press like TechCrunch, Wired, Internetworld and the Swedish Startup Space.
- A share of the success; stock options.
What we value
- Vision. Everyone at FishBrain has an idea of the future; the future of the product, the future of the code and their own personal development.
- Ingenuity. We’re constantly working to be at the forefront of the technologies we use. We want to leverage open source in the best possible ways and contribute to improve the world.
- Attention to detail. At FishBrain we know that’s where the devil is. Regardless if it’s about UI-tweaks, backend optimizations or code formatting; we care about the details.
- Hard work. We love what we do. We want to go the extra mile to ship great things, every time.
- An experienced Node.js or Ruby on Rails developer.
- Comfortable also working with quite a few (but not necessarily all) of SQL, PHP, Git, TDD, Continuous Integration, Open Source, RESTful APIs and NoSQL, as well as scaling a monitoring a large web service.
- A fast learner. Unless you’re an expert in all the above, you’ll need to pick up a few things along the way.
- Self-motivating. When you see a product or a piece of code you have ideas on how to make it better.
- Hands-on. You prefer doing over talking. You can’t wait to write code.
- Responsible. You deliver on time. You make things that work. You write tests for them.
- Maybe formally educated in computer science, but we’re more interested in what you know than how you acquired the knowledge.
- Fluent in English. If you speak Swedish, that’s a bonus.
FishBrain is a social network that lets sport fishing enthusiasts share their fishing experiences with friends using web and mobile apps. By adding their fishing trips and catches into the network, members can work out, for instance, what is the most effective bait to use in their favourite lake or what time of day would give them the best chance to hook that dream catch.
Sports fishing is the largest hobby in the world, engaging 200 million people. About 40 million of them are Americans, which is why the US is our primary market for now.
How to apply
Send us anything that shows us what your skills are and what you’re proud of. Be it a link to a site you’ve made, the name of an app, a GitHub profile, your blog, a StackOverflow profile or maybe an actual resume – you decide. Send it to [email protected] and tell us why you’re interested in working with us.
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.