We are seeking an Android Developer for a customer project in Lund.
The teams main responsibility is to secure bring-up, stability and quality of new Android OS releases for Xperia i.e. within Audio/Multimedia/Framework area. We are about to release R-OSV (Android 11) and will continue with additional related releases including maintenance coming months. In the beginning of next year we will start up preparations for the next OS upgrade. The OS upgrades are done for several chipsets and products in parallel. In addition one of our overall goals is to pursue an improved way of working with the upgrades i.e. to improve cost, resource spent, efficiency, and quality. When needed and possible the team support our counterpart team in Tokyo (asset owners). The team could also support other teams/areas within Lund SW when it makes sense (load sharing).
Essential (must have) skills, knowledge and experience
- English language proficiency
- Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- About 5 years' experience of Android development
- Deep knowledge of Android platform
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Skilled in C++ development and good in Java development
- Linux development
- Flexible and able to balance between internal and customer interests
- You take initiative and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where priorities change
- Experience in audio, multimedia, and framework areas is a big advantage
- Communicative, enjoy working in teams where you interact and support colleagues locally and globally
- Ability to learn, work with and apply new technologies
- Interest in participating in developing Android (contributions)
Duration: 6 months
Salary: Dependent on experience
We also accept sub-contractors for this role. In such case please state your all-inclusive rate when applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply
We want to be able to make a fair assessment and it is therefore important that you create a good statement on a few sentences about how you will succeed in the role and why we should choose you.
Preferably write a short description of how you meet each of the specific requirements in the job description. Refer to previous assignments and employments, education and personal qualities.
We prefer detailed CVs in Word or Pages format with plenty of information and details. Avoid PDFs because in many cases they are not fully searchable. Describe relevant previous projects and assignments in detail, what the task was, what the team was, how you solved it and what tools you used.
Due to the number of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
You must be a Swedish, Nordic, EU, EEA or Swiss citizen or otherwise have a right to work in Sweden.