About Record Union and our mission
We started out back in 2008 with a vision. The power of the music industry should be transferred from the major record labels to independent music makers. ”Liberating music” became our guiding banner.
With no content on our platform, we managed to sign distribution deals with leading digital music services of the time like Spotify, iTunes, and Amazon MP3. Since then Record Union has been helping independent music makers to get their music to fans all over the world.
We are here to make the independent community stronger and the music industry more democratic, accessible, and transparent. We want to break down technical barriers and give independent music makers new opportunities for recognition and acknowledgment.
By combining a strong passion for music with data-driven tech solutions we will continue to liberate music again and again.
About the role
You will be the first Product Manager with a growth focus in our expanding product organization and play a crucial part in our journey towards a more product and tech-oriented company!
At this point we have two main objectives; the first one is focused on getting new Customers into the product and the second one is to ensure that we keep already existing customers. You will be responsible for the first one and optimize against that outcome.
As a Product Manager you’ll be working closely with our developers, marketing team and the product team as well as communicating with stakeholders and our management team.
- Collect growth ideas around the organisation. Implement framework for growth and have a systematic way of prioritizing and testing hypotheses.
- Product discoveries, experiments, user research and defining real user problems that creates business value
- Form a product vision and strategy for your team and prioritize accordingly
- Make sure we measure the results of all releases, analyse data and verify hypotheses
- Planning, retro and grooming
Who are you?
We think that you’re a team player that has some impressive growth journeys in your resume. We also believe that you are prestigeless and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves along with good communication skills. We think you have a data-driven approach and value customer insight.
Need to have
- At least 3 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Proven experience in implementing growth and experimentation frameworks
- Experience from a tech/product organization
- Experience in doing user interviews
- SEO best practice A/B testing
Nice to have
- Background in design or marketing
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion, and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture (https://culture.recordunion.com/) is a core part of what makes Record Union successful. We are looking for someone who understands a good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers, the artists. Ideally you also love playing or making music.
Interviews are held continuously, if you have any questions you can reach out to Julia at [email protected]