- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
MachineGames is looking for a Senior Programmer to join our development team. You will be a part of delivering gameplay features for our upcoming AAA-titles together with a group of experienced programmers. In this role you will be reporting to our Lead Gameplay programmer.
The Gameplay team currently consists of talented and passionate programmers, some of which are also part of cross functional feature teams. Together the teams strive to deliver stellar gameplay for the distinctive MachineGames style.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of the capital Stockholm. It has a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
MachineGames is a part of Zenimax Media inc. alongside sister studios Alpha Dog games, Arkane studios, Bethesda game studios, Id Software, Roundhouse Studios, and Tango Gameworks, and ZeniMax Online Studios.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance
- We practice an open door policy
- We deliver what we promise
- We give constructive and actionable feedback
- We practice ownership and accountability
- We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have are not an EU citizen and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age. Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
- Architect and implement features in C/C++, that is CPU, GPU and memory efficient, with an eye to a quality end-user experience
- Develop, extend and debug AI, tools, physics, animation, rendering, UI and gameplay code while respecting platform and design constraints, with focus on your area of expertise (for example: Tools, AI or UI)
- Collaborate well with programmers and other disciplines involved in the day to day work
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code quality
- Help mentoring less experienced team members
- If required, debug, modify, extend or use the tools pipeline as necessary
- Construct solutions for unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
- Proactively provides suggestions on how to utilize new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow
- Demonstrate and apply strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++.
- Write clean, professional, well commented and maintainable code.
- Show good knowledge of mathematics for 3d game development.'
- Understand a large set of the many components that makes up a modern video game and show capabilities of independently take on tasks.
- Have experience from a full cycle of a AAA game production.
- Are independent and self propelled with little need for supervision
- Lead by example and tutor less experienced co-workers within your discipline
- Continuously look for ways to improving processes and achieve results. Isn’t satisfied with the status quo. Comes up with solutions to problems or challenges.
- Exhibits a high level om communication skills, both by listening and sharing information. Able to provide constructive feedback to individuals and teams. Takes initiatives to collaborate cross functionally.
- Lastly, you are passionate about games!
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.