- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Opera is a leading global internet brand with an engaged and growing base of over 360 million average monthly active users. Building on over 20 years of innovation, starting with our browser products, we are increasingly leveraging our brand as well as our massive and highly active user base in order to expand our offerings and our business. Today, we offer users across Europe, Africa and Asia a range of products and services that include our PC and mobile browsers as well as our AI-powered news reader Opera News and our app-based fintech solutions.
Opera Sweden is looking for a Platform/Infrastructure developer to our new Cryptocurrency team, who is passionate about blockchain and cryptocurrency.
We are the first major browser to natively integrate a crypto wallet. As a Platfrom developer in our Cryptocurrency team, you will be on the cutting edge of building the “web 3” and helping make Bitcoin and Ethereum first class citizens of the modern internet.
In this role you will be a part of a small, focused and supportive team with 7 developers, QA:s and business developers. We use Lean principles for day to day work and best technical practices. We work hard together to reach our goals and make the blockchain available for more people . We also understand that work life balance is important to be able to perform and offer flexible working hours.
Role and responsibilities
- Support deployment of other’s code
- Write code for K8S infrastructure (Kubernetes)
- Monitor system performance and uptime
- Take part in overall design & architecture discussions
- Add features to different components across the system
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Interest in learning Go or Rust or basic understanding of these languages
- Experience working with AWS and Kubernetes
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of web systems and protocols
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture
- Understanding of how to use a performance profiler and memory allocations
- Understanding of containerization (Docker)
- Strong Web development skills, including:
- Design of the overall architecture of web applications
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of applications for speed and scalability
- Integration of front-end and back-end aspects of web applications
- Good understanding of git
- Understanding of CI and CD principles
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
An ideal candidate has:
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Strong backend development experience (in Node.js or other programming languages)
- Experience developing web backend using Rust
- An opportunity to experience the thrill and challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge global user base
- A flat org structure and friendly atmosphere where we learn and grow together
- A place in the team that works on the most cutting edge technologies
- A flexible work environment
- Great company benefits