- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At RugVista we are dedicated and passionate about helping people to a home they love. We are an entrepreneurial organization committed to constantly improve ourselves and our business. Would you like to be a part of an international and market leading e-commerce company? We are looking for an ambitious backend developer who is passionate about coding, constant improvement, and exceeding expectations.
About the role
Our company is growing rapidly, and the tech team is looking for a new developer. You will join an ambitious team of developers who are working extremely close with the business and who are focusing on two main objectives:
- To give our customers the best possible experience when navigating through our website.
- To provide the rest of the organization with tools to be able to efficiently complete their tasks, often through a high degree of automation.
As a developer at RugVista you are developing software that delivers our website and supports a major part of the business processes, i.e. purchase, warehouse management, follow up on marketing activities and order handling.
The base of our setup is a LAMP monolith. We are step by step migrating this setup to micro services, many of them deployed as AWS Lambdas. Data is stored both in SQL and non-SQL databases. Everything is hosted on AWS and we use a big part of their tech stack.
How you make an impact
- Constantly improve the performance and service for our customers and business users.
- Create tools for the organization; analyze the need, define a process and use the tools to support the process.
- Develop the overall architecture of the tech solution and ensure all pieces fit together and are easy to maintain and update.
- Support our frontend- developers with APIs to enable them implement the designs created by the UX designer.
- Create a solid foundation for business decisions by collecting and reporting data.
What you bring
- A deep commitment to creating good quality software that exceeds the user’s expectation.
- You take responsibility for your tasks, and drive processes further.
- You work independently, structure your work and respect deadlines.
- Willing to share your knowledge in the group, help and inspire colleagues to develop.
- Open to new solutions and keep your knowledge updated by using the learning by doing concept.
- You communicate clearly and ensure that expectations are clear for all parties involved.
Must have technical experience
- Development using the LAMP stack or similar
- Writing code for deployment in AWS or similar cloud
- Version control and QA using Git
- Working with SQL and non-SQL databases
Preferred technical competence
- Working with high traffic sites
- Microservice architecture
- AWS Lambda deployment
- Golang development
- Typescript development
- Preferably + 5 years of experience in a similar position
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a high paced, challenging, and cooperative environment.
- A diverse and international organization committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where everyone loves to go to work.
- Competitive salary.
- A culture inspired by our values: Focus on Impact, Stay True & Be Entrepreneurs
- Extraordinary and international colleagues
- Flexible working hours & possibility to work from home
- A generous employee discount
- Coffee, fruit and Thursday breakfast
- Generous wellness allowance
- Onsite masseuse and yoga
Start date: August or as per agreement.
Latest day to apply is March 1st, but we are reviewing candidates ongoing, so don’t hesitate to send your application.
RugVista is Europe’s leading independent online retailer of carpets with a successful track-record of profitable growth during the past 10+ years. We operate two Brands (CarpetVista and RugVista) with local language e-commerce sites in 20 markets and offer the most desirable and comprehensive carpet assortment available online. Our overall mission is to positively impact all our stakeholders, but with a specific focus on driving environmental, social, and economic development in the geographies where our carpets are made.