- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Do you want to contribute to a sustainable future and experience true team work?
As Ship Efficiency Scientist at Stena Line you deliver true business value together with your team colleagues and together with other departments within the company.
Your everyday life
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers. Our goal is to deliver seamless customer experiences in more relevant, accessible and sustainable ways. At Stena Line's Digital Transformation department, we are driving change by aligning people, processes and technologies across our company. If you want to be part of building something and truly make a mark that matters, this is excellent opportunity!
Transformation Operations is responsible for the digital development of Stena Line’s Ship, Port and Terminal operation. Together with us you will build new products and services that improve efficiency, reduce fuel consumption, and create an awesome user experience. Our products are fresh without extensive legacy to maintain and we offer a very tangible environment where you will be able to have a real impact on sustainability. As member in our team you will work with agile principles and have a very tight feedback loop with users/nautical officers.
What you will do in practice
- Use your seniority in ship physics combined with data science to define and implement improved ship efficiency within the fleet.
- Work in a cross functional environment, close to officers on the ship, stakeholders and developers.
- Apply models and practices in code using machine learning, AI models and other computational methods, primarily in Python.
- Use statistical method to evaluate current and historical ship performance.
- Take responsibility for defining and sharing best practice within the company.
- Represent the company in external forums in the context of ship efficiency.
We believe you are a naval architect or physicist with software development skills required to lead innovation within ship efficiency:
- You have a profound understanding for the mathematical models describing the physical behavior of a ship in operation.
- You use software within data science required to gather data, analyze and draw conclusions about the ship’s performance.
- You apply a scientific mindset when addressing complex problems
- You have an innovative mindset, are open to new challenges and quickly adapts to new conditions.
- You feel passionate about what you do and enjoy collaborating and sharing your knowledge to others.
- You are driven by delivering value and to create results. If you also feel motivated by tackling complex challenges, this might be the job for you!
Want to learn more?
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within Stena Line´s Digital Transformation department. We are collaborating with Sigma Recruit in this recruitment. For more information, please contact Patrik Jensen at [email protected], +46 70 237 57 34. We look forward hearing from you!