- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
Develop next generation platform for Self-driving cars
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking. We imagine that our friends, families, and children are transported in a personal, sustainable and safe way. What we build is a self-driving, fully electric, connected, and super safe Volvo Car.
About our R&D – System Design & Integration
Our department consist of around 120 people that are responsible for the Active safety platform for enabling driver assistance and collision avoidance functions. We are also responsible for making Autonomous Drive become reality for the customer. To make this happen we are working closely with different stakeholders, function, design, software developers and sensor teams developing state-of-the-art LiDARs, ultrasonic sensors as well as cameras and radars. Within our team we have several core areas as System design, software architecture and software Integration & verification.
We are now looking for a Senior software architect
You are a driven, structured and self-motivated senior team player, who will be a part of our agile development team. You are very skilled within SW architecture & design and will be part of developing our next generation of premium Volvo Cars. You will be a member in a group of around 25 engineers and will collaborate with other architects, lead developers, POs/PMs and stakeholder, both internal and external to the department.
Your main focus will be to design and develop a flexible SW architecture for our next generation of Active Safety and Autonomous Drive system in our cars. You will work closely with other teams and stakeholders to secure the whole SW chain from design to release of a quality assured SW to customer.
Do you fit the profile?
* At least Master of Science within electronics, mechatronics, software or similar.
* More than 10 years of experience with SW design work
* Solid coding experience in C/C++ and Python
* Minimum 5 years of experience from Software architecture design in complex embedded systems
* Experience within real time fault tolerant software design
* Experience within Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment
* Experience within different safety standards e.g. ISO26262, SOTIF.
* Experience within Object oriented development
* Experience within Managing the 7 Software “-ilities
* A passion of sharing knowledge and information with others.
* A structured way of working
* Very good skills in English (speech and writing)
* Experience in agile development.
• Knowledge in Ethernet, TCP/IP, CAN
• Knowledge in Linux
• Knowledge in Autosar
• Knowledge in Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, software tools
• Knowledge in machine learning, neural network and computer vision software tools
• Driver`s license “B”, valid in EU
How to learn more and apply
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager, Maria Björler [email protected]. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Senior recruiter Catharina Skog at [email protected]. Please apply no later than February 28, 2021 but note that selections will be running continuously. Please note, due to GDPR application through E-mail is not accepted.