Do you have a couple of years experience working as a Network Engineer? Do you also want to contribute to a fantastic journey towards the future of energy? We are looking for a bold and passionate Senior Network Engineer to join our fantastic Network-team.
About the role
As a Senior Network Engineer you will get the opportunity to work with some of the cutting edge technologies and latest developments in the field of industrial networking, enterprise networking, datacenter & cloud networking. It is a unique opportunity to work with networking solutions that not only integrate/span across these multiple domains but aim towards full automation ("network as a code") of the complete network infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities will be analysis and resolution of complex network problems (escalated from 1st line) but you will also work with the team on design, operations and extensions of factory networks, datacenters, public clouds and office networks. Finally you work in a team consisting of three network engineers.
As a person we see that you have an ability to communicate and collaborate well with team members. Furthermore, we see that you have a structured way of working and proactively work with documentation.
The team is placed in Västerås but you can work from Stockholm a few days a week.
- At least Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Certificate in Cisco CCNP route and switch/Enterprise core certificate or any equivalent certificate in network industry
Required experience and skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience in networking
- Advanced knowledge of a network technology discipline (e.g. IP Routing and Switching, Routing Protocols, WAN, Firewall, Packet Analysis, Infrastructure, Capacity Planning, IT Tools and other relevant technologies )
- In-depth knowledge of network hardware and software technologies and best practice
- Advanced knowledge of incident and change management principles and best practices
- Basic knowledge of AWS/Azure Cloud networks
- Familiar with Industrial Ethernet or any deterministic Ethernet protocols
- Experience in Ansible and scripting with Python
- Hands-on experience with Cisco ISE and Wireless networks, preferably Cisco wireless
Preferred but not required skills
- Familiar with Cisco Intent Based Networking
- Hands-on experience with different Cisco IOS’s and NXOS
- Adequate knowledge about Software defined networking SDN, preferably Cisco ACI
- Experience with Cisco Hyperconverged solution
- Familiar with Spine and Leaf network topology
- Hands-on experience with Cisco ASA and Firepower
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.