- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Avalanche Studios is now looking for a talented AI Programmer to join a top-tier, experienced team to create fun and engaging game experiences for Generation Zero.
Work side by side with designers, animators and producers to realize complex and realistic animal behavior. Take part in designing and implementing their senses and needs using and extending existing tools as well as implementing game systems related to pathfinding, decision making, group movement and locomotion. This role will require you to take high level design ideas and translate them into practical solutions.
It is expected that you see your responsibility as delivering a successful end-user experience, together with your team-mates, rather than just handing off technological solutions to content creators. Much of the success of well executed game characters is down to how successfully they are integrated with all of the systems within the game engine, e.g. physics, animation, UI, SFX, VFX, dialog, etc. Previous experience and proven ability to work with multiple systems and stakeholders is a definite advantage. Finally, as with any other programming role, you will have to be able to balance functional requirements with technical requirements in the areas of performance, stability, memory usage, interoperability.
We would like to hear from you who enjoys playing hunting games, understands and is motivated by the challenges involved in simulating believable animals.
- A good understanding of what makes games fun
- A passion for creating solid game AI
- Experience with different AI architectures and techniques e.g behavior trees and pathfinding
- Able to write readable, robust and performant code in C++
- A good understanding of all aspects of game programming in multiplayer games
- Prior experience working as a programmer on at least one shipped title on current-gen consoles from start to finish
- Experience of navmesh generation
- Experience working with pathfinding, navigation and steering
- Experience working with vehicle AI and control
- Familiarity with HavokAI
- Experience working with game physics
- Experience from working with animation state machines, animation blending, IK and similar techniques
- Experience of profiling and optimization
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.