- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Would you like to be part of building the most sought-after streaming service in the Nordics? Are your dreams up in the cloud? Perfect, then we could have a match! We’re looking for a Backend Developer for our Viaplay Team in Stockholm. If you believe you have what it takes - we’re waiting for your application!
As a Backend Developer at Viaplay, you will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of digital media, develop the platform to meet the challenges of a continuously growing user base. Your engagement will shape the future of our service as you will be involved in defining the cutting edge for video on demand. We are now looking for a new team member to help us grow the platform, enhance our user experience and create the next generation of streaming services.
We thrive in using cutting edge technology, always keeping up to date and constantly challenging the status quo. We work with Node.js in a micro-services architecture that runs serverless in AWS. Also, we build our whole product here in-house.
The journey ahead
You will join a kick-ass and stability cross-functional team (client and backend development, QA, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse! Some of your daily challenges will include:
- Building strong and high performing micro-services in Node.js
- Microservice/Serverless architecture
- Using multiple programming paradigms and languages
- Flexible production environment supported by Docker hosted in the Amazon Cloud
- An agile development process where we promote pair/mob programming
- Driving our product iterations based on consumer feedback and behaviour data
What we are looking for
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Solid work life experience developing web based services, using Node.js
- Good understanding of REST AP
- Understanding of test- or behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD) including supporting frameworks
- Experience in developing services in the cloud, preferably AWS
- An interest and motivation to work with modern frameworks
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience working with a state-less and high transactional end user product
- Experience of working with some Frontend magic, such as React.js
What we offer you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics and beyond. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, pair programming and mob programming.
- An innovative environment with hackdays two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
We want to hear from you!
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV or LinkedIn profile through this link: https://nent.teamtailor.com/jobs/1049363-backend-developer-viaplay/applications/new
If you have any questions, contact our recruiter Karl Saeter at [email protected].