Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help keep your lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation
At Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s global protection and control development center for transmission applications we are looking for an experienced software developer who wants to become part of the R&D team in Västerås, Sweden. You will work with your team of colleagues in Sweden developing products and software assets together with teams in Switzerland, India and Poland.
Together with your development team you will be part of a high performing product development program developing products for digitalization of the grid automation business enabling Industrial Internet of Things, enhancing reliability as well as situational awareness in power systems.
- Design and implement innovative software solutions for real-time, embedded, and mission critical systems using multiple operating systems
- Work with power system specialists to develop software applications protecting and controlling the future power grid with heavy renewables integration
- Work together with hardware team throughout development lifecycle to develop firmware and software to integrate new hardware modules for our substation automation platform
- Work with specialists extending and improving communication and cyber security features to comply with international standards
- Engage in requirement analysis and take active part refining requirements with product manager, architects and project manager
- Take active part in proactive quality work through continuous integration, test automation, static code analysis etc.
- Work actively with refactoring, increased test coverage and holistic reviews to sustain maintainability of code base
- Identify technology opportunities and risks in the technology landscape for developments relevant to the embedded domain
- You hold a Master/Diploma or advanced degree in software engineering, computer science or related disciplines
- Experience in embedded real-time systems development preferably with experience in development for multithreaded applications and multicore platforms
- Technical proficiency in modern C++ and Linux and/or FreeRTOS development
- Experience and commitment of working with Agile methods for development of embedded systems
- Strong background in use of development tools such as Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, gTest, different profiling tools, debuggers and experience with quality management tools like SonarQube, Valgrind & ASAN
- As a person you recognize the difference between high quality software and heavy processes
- As a person you understand the importance and power of continuous improvements within the team to achieve and sustain great results
More about us
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply before 29th of April 2021! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today!
More information: Recruiting Manager Johan Lundberg, +46 107-38 50 34, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer; Klas Koppari, +46 107-38 13 45; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12; Unionen: Kennet Tedenäs, +46 107-38 16 16. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Helena Stefansdottir, +46 107-38 53 98.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. http://www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com