Did you know that we at MatHem are working with pure cloud serverless architecture and modern microservices? Interested in working with a cool innovative product that blurs the line between online/offline and having a direct impact on the end-users by making their everyday lives more comfortable?
We're continually challenging ourselves to build great solutions and develop new features to make our shopping experience more enjoyable. Right now we’re looking for more talented Backend Developers to be part of our exciting journey.
This is why you should join us!
At MatHem we’re working with pure cloud serverless architecture and modern microservices. We develop new functions in .Net Core or node.js on AWS Lambda, use DynamoDB table that triggers events on updates that other services can consume, and automatically deploy to our test and production environments using AWS CodePipeline. We strive to continuously nurture a curious and forward-leaning approach to software development, evaluating new technologies as well as open source. We have a “you build it, you run it” way to develop and operate our software, which includes developers to develop test automation and deploy the code to production.
You’ll be part of a creative and helpful environment with a lot of heart. Our international environment consists of skilled yet humble people, who love to share their knowledge. When you want a break, there’s probably a colleague up for a game of table tennis or a coffee, or you could just fill your inspiration with the beautiful view of Skeppsholmen. We’ll believe in you and have a great openness to your thoughts and way of working, and we’ll always aim for you to be comfortable being yourself! Due to the current situation, most of us are working remotely and that applies to this position as well until things change.
What you’ll do:
As a Software Developer at MatHem, you’ll join an agile cross-functional team of talented engineers dedicated to creating a world-class experience for our customers with our website, app, and supply chain.
Depending on your skillset (and interest of course!) you’ll be working in our Supply Chain with developing a high-scalable, robust, and cloud-based platform that orchestrates MatHem’s sophisticated supply chain capable of handling the growing market of online grocery shopping, or in our Ecommerce with building the backbone for our online user experience of grocery shopping - impacting the whole customer journey and working with everything from that a customer lands on our site, registers, selects groceries, checks out and orders delivery.
Both domains come with their unique complex technical challenges. Either way, you’ll be a key player in building the market's best shopping experience!
Who we're looking for:
• Extensive experience crafting high-scalability, distributed systems in production environments, preferably in C#/.Net Core
• Experience working with cloud platforms, preferably AWS
• Experience in one of the CI/CD tool, such as GitLab, GitHub, or similar
• Experience in unit testing and mocking
• A passionate developer with an open, lean, and pragmatic mindset
• You enjoy working as a team and shipping high-quality code that is easy to maintain and extend
• You're excited to work in a multidisciplinary environment (engineering, algorithms, data engineering/science, product experimentation)
• A friendly person that appreciates a healthy tech culture
• You have a Swedish work permit
What are some nice to haves?
• Understanding of relational and non-relational databases
• Experience taking ideas from concept to production
• Experience or theoretical interest in Machine Learning
• Experience working with A/B-testing
• Experience working with E-commerce
• Experience working with Observability
• Experience working with Elasticsearch
• Experience working with Event-driven systems
...and most importantly, you enjoy developing cool products that make people’s lives easier!
At MatHem we generally use this tech stack:
• A 100% serverless microservice architecture built on AWS services including Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway and EventBridge
• Bounded and pragmatic contexts
• Managed services if no serverless (e.g Elasticsearch)
• Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation & SAM)
• Observability (Kibana & CloudWatch for logs and Datadog for dashboards, alerts, and metrics)
• Analytics (BigQuery, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, GTM, and our own data from AWS)
• ML (we also use SageMaker in AWS)
Coding languages (agnostic mindset in general even though C# is the tool for this specific role)
• .NET Core
Excited about our journey? So are we!