- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will contribute ideas for innovative technology developments and solutions, working to solve industrial problems.
Marine & Ports is a business unit within ABB’s Industrial Automation division that assists shipping companies to transfer containers in a reliable, fast, and cost-efficient way. Specialized in advanced automation and information systems for motion control of all types of container cranes, Marine & Ports is the leading supplier of crane systems and is active worldwide.
You will be part of the Information Solutions team and responsible for the development of new and improvement of existing software components that are part of our Crane Information Management System suite.
You are expected to take part in all parts of the software engineering cycle including design, implementation and test.
The software suite includes desktop clients (2D/3D), backend communication servers, database interfaces, web applications, API providers and more. Your initial assignment will be based on previous expertise as well as current delivery project requirements.
Primary development tool is Delphi (Pascal). Previous experience with Delphi is not required.
This role is reporting to the Manager for Information Solutions department.
- Engineer and maintain quality software components.
- Integrate and test components together with parts of the delivery.
- Deliver on time and manage priorities together with team and manager.
- Become proficient in Delphi.
- Support delivery projects and other stakeholders in successful deployment to end customers.
- Gain understanding of container crane business and suggest improvements to the software suite.
- Work towards being able to contribute to wider parts of the software suite.
- Participating in networks to expand knowledge of the targeted area of expertise.
- A Master of Science/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics or similar.
- Minimum four years of software engineering experience in relevant field or a demonstrable portfolio of relevant projects.
- Experience with primarily statically typed languages with manual memory management such as Delphi, C, C++, ADA, RUST or Assembly is required.
- Experience with SQL databases, REST APIs, SCADA systems, OpenGL, PLCs and/or network protocol design is beneficial.
- Strong interest in software performance, robustness, and elegance.
- Strong interest in learning new technical skills and continuous improvement as a software engineer.
- Fluency in English is required, Swedish skills are beneficial.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, positive and proactive mindset, and strong communication skills.
More about us
Recruiting Manager Davor Slutej, +46 21 340 141, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives: Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Blomqvist, +46 21 34 21 48; Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +46 21 34 23 25; Unionen: Krista Andersson, +46 21 34 02 85. All other questions can be directed to Recruiter Emelie Wijk, +46 73 351 27 28.
Welcome to apply the latest by May 23, 2021. Please note that selection will be done on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled before last day of application.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website http://www.abb.com.