Data Analyst - Rider
In two years Voi has grown from a startup to a team of more than 400 people with operations in 40+ cities across 10+ countries.
Our data set is vast and challenging, ranging from geospatial data, transaction data, operations data, scooter sensor data and user and marketing data, and you will have an opportunity to work across all the above.
At Voi, we believe in decisions made based on facts, not opinions, and want to democratize data with analytical teams across the organization.
The Data Analyst - Rider is responsible for the key data tables, BI tools, dashboards and decision support models that are used every day across our central functions & markets. You will work alongside other data analysts, data warehouse engineers and product owners in a collaborative environment. This specific role will support Voi’s Rider Business Unit (RBU) and as such you will support in the most critical analyses of our customers & work closely with stakeholders across Voi to deliver actionable insights that guide decision making and address our key problems.
Rider Business Unit
Do you want to generate insights that directly impact e-scooters and in extension how cities solve transportation in the coming century? If you have a curious mind and want to work to understand users, join the Rider Business Unit (RBU). You will work closely with the RBU team (particularly the Product Managers) and other stakeholders across the organisation to help reveal user behavior and ride patterns. We’re looking for someone with system thinking abilities and constantly asking-‘Why?’ We welcome creative and analytical candidates who aren’t afraid to push back or take lead on exploring prioritized data projects. For you, perfection is the enemy of done and you are comfortable working with imperfect datasets and high level assumptions. You are able to eyeball if a conclusion is certain enough to make decisions in a fast paced environment.
Mindset and abilities are essential, but experience in drawing conclusions or defining categories about user behavior and segments from data is very welcome.
- Analyze rider behavior, parking/cluttering behavior through internal data
- Extract, manipulate and visualize data to find and understand patterns
- Clean data to develop features and signals in a vast, unordered data set
- Build action-oriented dashboards that help the RBU team & the company make data-driven decisions
- Present insights and recommendations to colleagues, managers & Voi’s stakeholders
- Support product and tech teams in evaluation and definition of new features
- Teach team members and lead the way for data driven ways of working
What we’re looking for
- A university degree in an analytical field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Engineering, Business)
- Professional work experience from data analytics and data visualization
- Experience and ability working independently in SQL
- Experience from building visualizations and dashboards (e.g. in Tableau)
- Business interest and acumen to contextualize problem solving
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment
- Interest in working with questions related cities, urban planning & public policy
- Professional working proficiency in English, Swedish is not required
- Additional programming languages beyond SQL is a plus (Python, R etc.)
- An extra benefit would be having experience working with product-research or location-based-data.
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part in changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to traditional transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way-through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!