Do you have the ability to lead a team of like-minded Software Engineers, mentor and grow their capabilities and lead by example? Are you passionate about Digital Marketing and Acquisition trends and motivated by working in a fast-paced and changing digital environment? Then this is the opportunity for you!
As Frontend Software Engineer and Competence lead at H&M you will have a dual focus – staff responsibility and delivery. You will work within Customer Attraction area that is responsible for all digital capabilities across the H&M group that attract new and existing customers into our stores, both digital and physical.
What will you do?
You will be a part of a global cross functional agile product team of amazing professionals working with a range of end-to-end solutions from custom built to COTS solutions, focusing on front end development. You will play a leading role in technical development and architecture - helping the team with software quality and take personal ownership of the product you ship. Actively seeking ways to shift its design into a cloud enabling microservices architecture. Establishing a holistic view of how the solution adds value to the business.
Some of your daily work includes:
- Design, develop and support the solutions in the products
- Translate strategies and requirements into modern and scalable solution designs
- Use an experimental mindset to identify, evaluate and recommend alternative designs
- Collaborate with other product teams to help and provide the best end-user experience
- Seek opportunities to automate, document and improve processes
- Work with performance management and salary review for your employees
- Collaborate with Product owners and Agile coaches on development and workforce planning
- Remain compliant with laws and policies, and act when necessary regarding e.g. under performance, work environment, etc.
- Recruiting new employees
We asked one of our Competence leads what a normal day could look like, this is what she told us:
A normal day starts with opening up e-mails and going through the to-do’s of the day. Followed up by a check-in with an employee, coaching them around their work and how the team is doing. You jump into your own team’s stand-up and move on to spend some alone time to do your individual work for the team. After lunch you participate in the management team meeting to discuss leadership and WoW in the area. This is followed by a couple of hours of pair programming, working with webcomponents in the Front End Repository, with a team member. To finish up the day you start prepping for tomorrows refinement and go over your stories to be prepared.
Who are you?
To be successful in this role we believe you are equally passionate about being a leader supporting, coaching and helping your team members grow. And we believe you have the ability to apply leading software development practices and present alternative solutions and technical choices. To do this, we think you have a curious mindset, excellent communication skills as well as:
- Strong experience in system architecture & software design patterns
- Strong experience of designing and developing APIs, microservices, and system integration architecture
- Experience in Cloud (preferably Azure), CI/CD, containerization and test automation
It’s a plus if you
- Have experience from a leading role
- Have experience as s SCRUM master
Who are we?
H&M Group is a family of brands with the desire to make great design available to everyone in a sustainable and circular way. Rapid technological development is transforming the fashion retail industry. We are seizing this opportunity to not only challenge ourselves, but the whole industry with the aim to be the most impactful ecosystem.
We operate on a large scale across 74 markets. From AI to data-driven business development, user experience to engineering, we turn business challenges into innovative tech solutions – making H&M Group a global leader in combining tech, fashion, and design.
This is a fulltime position with placement in Stockholm. Please apply with your CV and Personal letter as soon as possible, no later than 30th of June. If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquistion Partner, Veronika Ribbing Linder at [email protected]
We are looking forward to your application!